workers in the street & shops of Istanbul

Discussion in 'People' started by vieri, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Infact, workers mostly waiting for work to get to them... keeping busy with other things, or just resting and waiting there for the nexy (?) customer.

- hat shop
    [​IMG]

- the barber
    [​IMG]

- forniture seller
    [​IMG]

- water seller
    [​IMG]

- the barber, 2
    [​IMG]

- at the grocery's
    [​IMG]

- doorway cleaning
    [​IMG]

- road workers
    [​IMG]

- the exterminator
    [​IMG]

All with the Leica M8 and the Zeiss 25mm f2.8 & 35mm f2 Biogon, cross-developed in PSCS2. C&C as always are very welcome!

2. Vieri, would you be able to email me a couple of your raw files please.
    I have a friend here who is going to get an M8 and I would like to show him some results fro processing in Lightroom.
    service@villageimage.co.nz.

cheers from down here in New Zealand, where we have strong links with your country.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very well done images

4. Schlitz

Schlitz

Apr 22, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Dave Talboys
    Very nice series and pictures, Vieri! Thanks for giveing us a look at your home town. I love to "travel" through other's photos.

5. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    Thanks for the images, Vieri. Where is everybody? Is it siesta time?

DAB

6. Hello Geoff, unfortunately the files are too big for my email. I have a suggestion though: I am sure you could go to the shop, bring your own card, take a few test shots, go home and process them - most shops if not all of them do give a test drive for a camera like the M8 :biggrin: sorry I couldn't be of help, best of luck with your quest :smile:

Thank you Gale! :biggrin: I am glad you enjoyed, thanks again

Sure thing! I also love to see the world through the eyes of other photographers :biggrin: and then, eventually decide where I want to go next... :wink:

Thank you for commenting - nope, is not siesta time but it was a very very hot morning here in Istanbul, and people tried not to go out if possible: except crazy photographers, that is :biggrin:

7. This is an excellent series, Vieri. Great captures.

8. Thanks Vieri, the reality is I live a long distance from a camera shop that has Leica.
    Thanks for your suggestion though.

9. jasonlawton

jasonlawton Guest

Vieri, you have a very distinct style of processing that really works. With these type of images i'd normally expect to see them done in black and white, but the colour processed you give your images makes them more appealing than just presenting them in black and white. Nice images

Jason

10. Great series and a peek into Istanbul for those of us that have never been there.

11. Hello Phil, thank you very much! I am glad you enjoyed them :biggrin:

I am sorry to hear that Geoff - however, if you check on dpreview's leica forum, or on the Leica User Forum, you can find many examples of photos processed with Lightroom and they do look very good to me :smile: there shouldn't be any problem in using LR and the M8... hope this helps!

Thank you very much Jason, I decided lately to strain a little from BW to try and find a way of expressing street feeling by using somehow "deranged" colors... glad it worked for you, thanks for commenting! :biggrin:

Thank you very much for your comments Gordon, I am glad you ejoyed the tour! :biggrin: