Workflow for including EXIF data

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Jerry Snider, May 12, 2005.

1. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Feel totally stupid for asking this question but here goes anyway.
    I have used Photoshop since it's inception for working on scanned slides, negatives, etc. Am new to digital and feel that I have at least a bit of a handle on Photoshop, ACR and Nikon Capture (perhaps I'm fooling myself here) for postprocessing. However, I don't have a CLUE as to the workflow for incorporating EXIF info into jpeg files. Anyone have a detailed series of steps involved that they could send me? If this question is too basic, I understand and apologize for asking.
    My best,
    Jerry Snider

2. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    see below - better info

3. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    http://www.smart-script.de/dateien/ExifStamp.zip (German)

http://www.altgarden.com/stamp.zip

here is a link of the download for the script. I know it works because I use it. This is not something I wrote, but it is freeware and I have uploaded it to my sight so that you can use it.

I have edited this letter because my previous link was the German version, so here is the correct English version.

Ron Strobel

4. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    If your goal is just to preserve the EXIF data in the image file (as opposed to displaying it in a frame/border as the above script does), then the only thing you really need to worry about in Photoshop is to avoid using "Save for the Web". Additionally I think I read that using "Duplicate Image" will not bring the metadata over to the new copy, but I haven't verified it since I rarely do that.