Workflow for picture taking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Odonata, Aug 9, 2005.

1. After a year of shooting digital SLR (used a film SLR off and on in earlier years and digital for several years before the D70) I feel I have a pretty good handle on the technical aspects of shooting such as watching out for blown highlights, WB, depth of field, when to use fill flash, charge the battery, etc. :)

What I am looking for are simple shooting tips/actions as you take a picture. Do you do anything in particular all the time? Do you watch for anything specific in your subject (other than the technical)? I recognize things such as the rule of thirds, using lines/curves to draw the eyes to a subject are a start, but what I seek are "real world" tips/actions.

I recognize much of what you do is dependent on the subject and even personal taste. I often struggle with composition and by incorporating some of your shooting tips/actions, I hope to become better at the "art" part of photography.

Many thanks in advance for your replies.

Best regards,
    Eugene

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.