Working a daisy

One of my neighbors brought me a nice present today... a beautiful Gerber Daisy in a pretty bud vase.
Unfortunately, I have to return the vase once the flower has faded :cry:.

I used my light tent with a white background and the 60mm micro to make this picture.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Then I decided to experiment with directional lighting, and a black background to make the flower "pop".

View attachment 14181

I finished off with a tight macro of the core.

View attachment 14182

All good shots Frank. I kind of like the last best. Any chance of seeing a shot of that light tent?

Oh, I love the last one....and the second one....and the first one....What a nice neighbor to bring such a nice treat!

Flew said:
All good shots Frank. I kind of like the last best. Any chance of seeing a shot of that light tent?
Sure. It's a light tent kit from BH Photo. Here's waht it looks like.

Here's a link to BH Photo's offering.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=310575&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

That looks like a cool set-up Frank. Do you use it with the floods? If so, what color temp? Your whites always look so white, and I've had problems getting mine right when using floods. Do you use a gray card for these kinds of shots?

Thanks,

Flew said:
That looks like a cool set-up Frank. Do you use it with the floods? If so, what color temp? Your whites always look so white, and I've had problems getting mine right when using floods. Do you use a gray card for these kinds of shots?

Thanks,
Frank, if you look at the setup, you'll see there are two lightstands with floodlights and reflectors supplied with the kit. The floods supplied are photobulbs, which seem to work perfectly with auto white balance.

On another front, I'm having problems working the new Cafe GUI. The editing tools no longer appear above my "reply" screen, nor do the smilies, which i understand should appear to the right of the message box. Here's a screenshot of my "reply screen".

As I was fumbling around earlier, I seem to recall an advisory that this might be related to the settings on my computer. Can you point me in the right direction?

Note: I'll post this on the "help" forum as well. Thanks in advance.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom