Working at the angles

This is the place where I had my office until last June. The shot was taken in April and it shows a bit how I felt about the place at that time.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

F80 with Nikkor 20mm. Chromogenic Portra 400 B&W. No details recorded, but probably something like f22 at 1/125. Scanned negative with CoolScan IV ED.[/img]

H

Harrie Gerrits

Hi Cristian,

Very nice picture indeed - for me the B&W makes this one a keeper.

Good work.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you all for your thoughtful comments. It seems you have all seized a bit of the emotion involved in here. Gordon has the right words : tiny in the midst of a vortex, and Gilles the right analogy. And yes, Gale, EEEEK was indeed what I mumbled at times.

Harrie and Jeff, I agree : B&W has a special way to translate lines and graphical composition, such as symmetry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
TKO said:
It's a nice shot. I might benefit from a little rotatating in an image editor...it seems to be not quite straight.
Right Justin, I've had to work on this, it may not be perfect yet. Have to cope with lens distortion too (20mm, looking upward). Thanks for noting.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom