Working at the angles

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Elf_8, Jul 27, 2005.

1. This is the place where I had my office until last June. The shot was taken in April and it shows a bit how I felt about the place at that time.
    [​IMG]

F80 with Nikkor 20mm. Chromogenic Portra 400 B&W. No details recorded, but probably something like f22 at 1/125. Scanned negative with CoolScan IV ED.[/img]

2. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I like the symmetry of the shot, the reflections really add to it.

3. Christian i guess you were working in a glass cube. Very nice picture.

4. Hi Cristian,

Very nice picture indeed - for me the B&W makes this one a keeper.

Good work.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Christian,
    Very nice image..

BUT THAT WOULD DRIVE ME CRAZZZZZZY !!!

EEEEEKKKKKKK

6. Hi Christian -

So . . . you were feeling a bit "octahedral"? LOL.

Excellent image, symmetry and depth.

Thanks,

catalyst

7. You mean tiny and in a vortex??? Like your shot Christian.

8. Thank you all for your thoughtful comments. It seems you have all seized a bit of the emotion involved in here. Gordon has the right words : tiny in the midst of a vortex, and Gilles the right analogy. And yes, Gale, EEEEK was indeed what I mumbled at times.

Harrie and Jeff, I agree : B&W has a special way to translate lines and graphical composition, such as symmetry.

9. It's a nice shot. It might benefit from a little rotatating in an image editor...it seems to be not quite straight.

10. Right Justin, I've had to work on this, it may not be perfect yet. Have to cope with lens distortion too (20mm, looking upward). Thanks for noting.