1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Working on the nest

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Allan, Mar 8, 2019.

1. I don't know if she spotted a weakness in the nest or whether she has the drive to just keep making it larger and deeper.

1. Getting branches
    i-CQQgt9n-X3.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Adding sticks
    i-pG2rw9h-XL.jpg

3. Adjusting twigs
    i-j9fJ77X-XL.jpg

4. Cleaning up
    i-CcKW8hm-XL.jpg

2. Nice behavioral series. They certainly build robust nests. I've seen several that are so old that they've been moss covered long enough for small trees to be growing on top of them.

3. Nice set Allan. I've watched them add to their nests throughout the year, it's really amazing how large the nest can become.

4. Thanks Louie and Dan. There was a large osprey nest, perhaps 5 feet deep, that fell off the trees a month ago. By the next day the adults were building a new one in the same spot. It is pretty big now.

5. Allan is this nest near your home where you can watch it over time?

6. No, it is here in Florida. Last year the babies fledged after I loeft to go home - this year they were born later so I will miss the fledging.

7. Super shots.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.