Working to get a smile

Discussion in 'People' started by Uncle Frank, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Some people have no inhibitions and give out megawatt smiles at the drop of a hat...

74592437.gif

while others hang on ferociously, and dare you to coax a smile out of them.

View attachment 99032

John and Tangi started off our session with a "say cheese" smile.

View attachment 99033

That was just in jest, but I did have problems getting John to relax. After a few shots we got to this stage, but I wanted more.

View attachment 99034

A few seconds earlier, I had asked Tangi to move her hand from John's shoulder and place it on his back, so we wouldn't have dangling fingers in their picture. Now I asked her to move her hand a little lower, and she was very cooperative :biggrin:. The result was natural smiles that reached their eyes.

View attachment 99035

Note: I don't suggest you use this technique for Senior Prom pictures, particularly if you're taking pictures of your daughter :rolleyes:.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2007
  2. LOL - pretty funny. I tend to crack jokes when folks don't want to cooperate. I've been told I'm kind of funny and that usually works. When that doesn't work I keep a loaded water pistol in the small of my back... :biggrin:

3. ponykilr

ponykilr

May 23, 2007
    usa
    Rapport is very important. Being funny or asking questions about something you know the person/people are interested in will relax them and hopefully get the results you want.

I plan to try the water pistol next time... :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.