1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Working with Spyder2Express and Mac iBook

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by Dennis Carter, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Dennis Carter

Dennis Carter

Jun 29, 2007
    USA
    Couple questions:

1) I only have a brightness control. The calibration instructions say to insure the brightness is at the factory default. How do I do this? This is where the brightness setting is now; however, it is usually a little more to the right. It has a mind of its own.

2718540266_01913e1f0f.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2) Once the calibration process is begun, you have an opportunity to set gamma and white point. Gamma is 2.2; however, should WP be Native or 6500?

Thanks for reading!

2. Geetings, fellow iBook user...I think the brightness slider you pictured is simply mimicking the setting of the 2 up/down brightness keys on the keyboard. I use mine at different brightness levels, depending on how bright the room is when I'm 'Lightrooming'. I've found that the brightness setting which gives me closest-to-print viewing is actually fairly low, about halfway up the scale, but I need to jack it up higher if I'm using it during the day(brighter workspace). Also, the 6500K setting is the one you want for the closest match between computer and other computers/real life/printer.

3. Dennis Carter

Dennis Carter

Jun 29, 2007
    USA
    Hey, pluton, thanks for responding!

Yep, agreed.

Great. Exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks so much.

BTW, how do you like Lightroom?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.