1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Working with what I've got...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by j13jjs, Aug 6, 2008.

1. j13jjs

j13jjs

Aug 4, 2008
    Atlanta
    Most of these shots were done in some sort of make shift light box put together in my bathroom.

This was my attempt at making a lightbox around the sink.
    necklace.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This one as you can tell from the unfortunate reflection was not in a box but just a single piece of paper against the corner.
    View attachment 235265

One of my first shots when I got the SB-600, my first speedlight
    View attachment 235266

Wish I had gone with a higher f-number, somewhere around 5 or 6 prob would of been better.
    View attachment 235267

I really need to work on avoiding reflections in my shots
    4-1.jpg

First time trying to capture fire, wasn't really sure how to do this. Not happy with how it turned out so I just processed the RAW as a HDR.
    zippo.jpg

Constructive criticism? Tips?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2008
  2. GoGo

GoGo

Apr 20, 2006
    New York
    You just need to start using more fill cards, silver, white, gold etc. Black cards can help as well.
    And yes a high f number works when you are in close. Even F8 to F11.

3. You really need to clean that lens :rolleyes: .

You can't avoid reflections in glass. What you can do is manage them. In this case, I lit the bottle indirectly, by firing my strobe onto a sheets of white foam core board, which in turn illuminated the bottle.

94585070.gif

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.