World Football Challenge (Soccer) - Chelsea vs Club America

Got a chance to go to the new Cowboys Stadium here in Dallas to shoot the WFC soccer match (the last in a series of 6 games held throughout the US).

Chelsea beat Club America 2-0 to capture the championship. It was a fun game with some truly colorful fans!

So here we go...

There was no shortage of cameras in the place. Which guy do you like better, Skelletor or the guy picking his nose while taking a picture...
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gotta love the timing!

Ooops...

This was the first goal. It was (of course) on the other side of the field so this is highly cropped. Also, I was starting to get bored so I slowed my shutter down to 1/60 and was playing around when it happened which is why the goal scorer (#9) is blurred...

I set up a remote camera behind the net but it didn't work out too well. I sure wish I'd broken the rules and done what the other remote guys did and put it inside the net... grrrrr.

Sweet header:

Looking closer at the above shot, this is some nice detail, especially out of an image shot at ISO 3200!

Joe

Joe -

Nice set. What equipment were you shooting for the crop of the header?

For the record - I bet it takes a lot of talent to pick your nose and get the shot at the same time.

Good shots. What camera/lens/ settings were you using?

I got to shoot the Chelsea vs AC Milan game (https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=237117) and it was by far the best experience I've had. Hope you didnt get too wet after the game.
Great shots! Nice timing.

No wet for me, in fact, here's what I walked out to...

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome shot Joe. I was watching the game on ESPN and they were talking about how bad it was raining.
From inside, I thought they were showing something bright on that huge screen before I realized it was lightning outside the huge windows on both endzones. It was lighting up the place and the thunder sounds were huge inside. People would cheer when a large clap of thunder struck. It was very loud!

That and we found out the new stadium has a few leaks to plug!

Joe

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom