1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

World Football Challenge (Soccer) - Chelsea vs Club America

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Joe_Lorenzini, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Got a chance to go to the new Cowboys Stadium here in Dallas to shoot the WFC soccer match (the last in a series of 6 games held throughout the US).

Chelsea beat Club America 2-0 to capture the championship. It was a fun game with some truly colorful fans!

So here we go...

There was no shortage of cameras in the place. Which guy do you like better, Skelletor or the guy picking his nose while taking a picture...
    [​IMG]

Gotta love the timing!
    [​IMG]

Ooops...
    [​IMG]

This was the first goal. It was (of course) on the other side of the field so this is highly cropped. Also, I was starting to get bored so I slowed my shutter down to 1/60 and was playing around when it happened which is why the goal scorer (#9) is blurred...
    [​IMG]

I set up a remote camera behind the net but it didn't work out too well. I sure wish I'd broken the rules and done what the other remote guys did and put it inside the net... grrrrr.
    [​IMG]

Sweet header:
    [​IMG]

Looking closer at the above shot, this is some nice detail, especially out of an image shot at ISO 3200!
    [​IMG]

Joe

2. bkatz

bkatz

Jan 4, 2008
    New Jersey
    Joe -

Nice set. What equipment were you shooting for the crop of the header?

For the record - I bet it takes a lot of talent to pick your nose and get the shot at the same time.

3. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  4. I was using a D3 with a 200-400mm f/4 VR. ISO 3200 for most the night. The crop of the sweaty header is a 100% crop.

Joe

5. Great shots! Nice timing.

No wet for me, in fact, here's what I walked out to...
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  6. Awesome shot Joe. I was watching the game on ESPN and they were talking about how bad it was raining.

7. Great set.
    I also agree it that takes some skill to pick your nose and take a photo at the same time.

8. From inside, I thought they were showing something bright on that huge screen before I realized it was lightning outside the huge windows on both endzones. It was lighting up the place and the thunder sounds were huge inside. People would cheer when a large clap of thunder struck. It was very loud!

That and we found out the new stadium has a few leaks to plug!

Joe

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.