World Rally Championship: Cyprus Rally 2005

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Panos Kazanelis, May 16, 2005.

1. Panos, you have a fun life. Well taken images of a pretty neat looking race.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    WOWWWWWWWWWWWW

What super images. Looks like they are going to come thru my screen.

Great job.

3. WHOA!! These shots are so cool!! Full of action!! :D :D :D :D

4. tamachan

tamachan Guest

Superb!

I love rallys!

I would not want be anywhere close to some of those rock projectiles though...

5. Maki, I could practically hear them whirr next to me... :-D

original.

original.

6. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi panos-

great photos! i've always wanted to see a rally to catch an evo jumping, but the US isn't the best place for WRC.

the first shot is fantastic , how close were you to the car (18mm!) ?!

ricky

7. I would say, 5-7 feet at most... ;-)
    original.

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Outstanding images...the only aspect they were lacking was sound. Tack sharp and great composition. Thanks for sharing!

9. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Great,great ,great Panos especially the close ups and the first they are my favs

10. Terrific shots, Panos! That terrain is murder on feet and tires. Yes, I agree - the only thing missing is sound. Excellent job.

11. more

Panos,

superb pics :D Post more !

Stu

12. Johan

Johan

Jun 18, 2005
    Belgium
    Panos,

Those photos are stunning, very sharp and crispy. And still the most important thing of all is that they show "speed", the dynamics. Personally, I'm really fond of sport photography because you can show a lot of energy that comes with it.

Congrats with the shots, love them

Johan

13. faenix

faenix

Jun 21, 2005
    Bayside, NY
    WOW! AMAZING PHOTOS!

14. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent shots Panos!! I came over to this forum to see Patrick's F1 shots, and lo and behold, I find out where you've been posting all this time.... :lol:

As I told Patrick, I've watched quite a few WRC events on TV, but what you see there just doesn't compare with these shots. Thanks for the great images. Maybe some day Janie and I can come over and shoot one of these with you. :wink: