World Trade Center - Late-August 2001

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I took this photo in late-August of 2001, mere weeks prior to the September 11th attacks. This was shot with an old 35mm film camera (I forget brand/specs but it had a landscape mode option that created a photo like this) from a water ferry dock in Jersey City, NJ. We took the ferry to the World Trade Center where we went inside and down the stairs to the subway. This was my only experience in New York City prior to the attacks. Thankful I was able to see the Twin Towers in person and capture them in this image. My other photos and film from that day are lost.

I remember on 9/11/01 I was sleeping at home. My mother woke me up and told me about the terror attacks. I immediately went to the Fire House where we listened to the radio traffic while watching the news throughout the day. The County put together a task force to head to NYC that, I recall, was never utilized as too many units in the surrounding NYC areas just headed straight to the scene. Everyone wanted to help. As sad as the attacks were they united the Nation. I'll never forget how many cars and houses proudly flew the American Flag for weeks after that.

Never Forget.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom