1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

World Trade Center: Twin Lights II

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Dez Santana, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Dez, they are all great, but composition on the third one is over the top. Your work always impresses me.

3. Thanks Jeff :smile:

4. Well done Dez! The first image is my favorite and if it were mine I would would have it framed hanging on my office wall. I can't help but remember the shock and emotion I felt on that tradgic day when I view these shots.
    The b&w conversion works especially well on these.

5. Thanks Darrell. I am planning on framing this but I'm running out of room!

Your comments are appreciated.

6. Dez,

These are amazing images! May I ask how you go about your B&W conversions?

Glenn

7. Thank you Glenn.

First off, I shoot Raw and in color. I'll edit & adjust the photo with simple Levels and perspective adjustments.

Than for B&W, I use PhotoShop CS3 Black & White tool. It lets you adjust each color channel, so I play around with each until I get the look that I like. It's quite simple.

8. Wowzer

Wowzer

Sep 17, 2006
    NYC
    Dez,

What a great series. How did you do the B&W conversion? It looks great.

9. Thanks! I use PhotoShop CS3 Black & White tool. It lets you adjust each color channel, so I play around with each until I get the look that I like.

10. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

They're all stunners, but #1 does it for me.

I can't wait until I get home...!

11. Thanks :smile:

12. Dez love these even more in B&W than in colour. They are stunning.
    Also had a look at your site at the rest that you shot and I was surprised to see that the beams of light are made up of many smalller beams together...I really like that picture also.
    Barb

13. Thanks Barb. It was my first time shooting the lights. I wanted to do it considering that the City will probably stop doing it after this year :frown:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.