World War 2 weekend in Reading PA Sat June 2nd - anyone been or anyone going?

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by TerribleTwins, May 30, 2007.

1. Hi,
    Taking the family to the WW2 weekend (this Saturday) run by the mid-atlantic museum in Reading Pennsylvania - has anyone been before & if so any advice on what to look out for & or not to do? Also - is anyone else going?

Thanks

2. ShadowForce

ShadowForce

Mar 26, 2006
    Dayton, OH
    David, did you end up going to the WW2 weekend? I'd love to see pictures of the event.

3. Bob,
    Yes we went. 90+ deg F & no Shade!!! will post some pictures when I get a smugmug or similiar account - one of my things to do this summer.

Wasn't quite sure what to expect - not really an air show event - some static displays & some planes flying a loop of the airfield (B17, B25, P40, p47, p51 & a Hurricane).

More of a re-enactors event, with skirmishes etc going on & people dressed up in period gear etc. Flea market etc. very popular event tough & well organised.