1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Critique World's Best Hamburger Revisited

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Mike Buckley, Feb 12, 2019.

1. 16 months ago I made two images of my hamburger seen at Critique - World's Best Hamburger . I revisited the hamburger today to photograph it using a different composition.

I clog my arteries with this hamburger once each month except for December. That's when I go to a nearby restaurant on my birthday to clog them even more eating a burger made of ground duck topped with foie gras.

For the record, I ate the hamburger immediately after photographing it. Having broiled it for the photo only just enough to make the outside appear cooked, I returned it to the broiler to finish cooking. I also reheated the bun, onions and mushrooms so all parts of the hamburger would be good to eat.

Setup
    The tabletop is glossy black acrylic and the background is black velvet. A small continuous-light lamp was in the right front area and a white reflector was on the left side.

Mike 2019-02-12--005-S.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. And now I'm hungry. Great photo!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. rcooper

rcooper Subscribing Member

Jan 12, 2008
    elba,al
    Ralph
    A good looking hamburger well photographed.Wish I had it for supper.

4. Yum! The green of the spinach is stunning, and I like the fade on the left around the curve of the burger.

5. Excellent photo, but how do you get your mouth around that?

6. Thanks, everyone!

When I remade the hamburger to eat it, it wasn't quite that thick, though it was still too thick. I made it extra thick using a half pound of meat for the photo. I use no more than a quarter pound of meat when not photographing it.

7. the_traveler

the_traveler

Mar 22, 2007
    Manhattan, NY
    Lewis Lorton
    IMO the bright white of the top roll edge is distracting and the meat has a decided magenta tinge

original on the left

upload_2019-2-13_9-1-36.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

8. Mike, where is this place? Have you tried Melt in Leesburg? Very good, highly rated burgers.

9. I made the hamburger in my home, John. I've never tried the Leesburg restaurant or its hamburgers and I likely won't. That's because I might like them too much. As it is, I only allow myself the indulgence of just one hamburger per month.

10. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    The best Hamburger...
    It's the one my wife prepares for me herself. (y)(y)(y)

But Mike, great shot and it really looks "sarap".

Kind regards
    Klaus

11. Thanks, Klaus!

My aunt (now deceased) prepared a dish that I couldn't imagine anyone making that I would enjoy as much. That was until she taught me how to make it. Then I was able to enjoy both making it and eating it, which is the ultimate combination of luxuries in my mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hi Mike. It looks great with those reflections and greens.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.