'World's Most Expensive Picture'

I think it's an inside job over at Christie's. I'd bet 3/4 people that see this will google christies and visit their site...If I'm wrong than I'm left speechless...

If thats the case then I just lost a little more respect for humanity. What a waste of money. Actually I dont think there is any photograph that would be worth that sort of coin.

It's probably a bit of a ****** contest among über-rich collectors who like to have bragging rights over owning the most expensive fine art photograph in the world. At that point, the more ordinary the photo looks, the better.

If you want to brag about having paid over $4M for a picture, it better be a picture that doesn't look like it's worth it. That only improves the bragging rights. It's like lighting a cigar with a $100 dollar bill. Doing it with a $5 bill doesn't make a statement.

It's probably a bit of a ****** contest among über-rich collectors who like to have bragging rights over owning the most expensive fine art photograph in the world. At that point, the more ordinary the photo looks, the better.

If you want to brag about having paid over $4M for a picture, it better be a picture that doesn't look like it's worth it. That only improves the bragging rights. It's like lighting a cigar with a $100 dollar bill. Doing it with a $5 bill doesn't make a statement.

I think it's an inside job over at Christie's. I'd bet 3/4 people that see this will google christies and visit their site...If I'm wrong than I'm left speechless...
Christie's has been auctioning off photographs. Before this photograph, they actually auctioned off the (now) second most expensive photograph ever.

If you go through Wiki's list of most expensive photographs, you'll Christie's a number of times. So I'd assume it's legitimate.

IsamuM

Not-quite-
That's the problem with rich people. They don't know about the rules and dos and don'ts that ANY photographer knows.... :biggrin:

OK - if you find this incomprehensible, check out what happened to the previous #1, presently #4 (also by the same photographer):

4.Andreas Gursky, 99 Cent II Diptychon (2001), $3,346,456, February 2007, Sotheby's London auction. A second print of 99 Cent II Diptychon sold for $2.48 million in November 2006 at a New York gallery, and a third print sold for $2.25 million at Sotheby's in May 2006.
Quote from Wikipedia: link

howabout a fourth print? :biggrin:

I wonder if they would sell my photo for me, I think it should start at 1 million at least
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
it has only been slightly digitally enhanced.

Years ago I visited an art museum. One entire viewing room was dedicated to a single painting roughly 8x20 feet. The canvas was painted white with a broad red horizontal stripe. I didn’t get it. Like with this photograph, there must be something about horizontal stripes or bands that I’m just not refined enough to appreciate. I keep trying.
SHEESH!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom