1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Worth the Repair?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Markb, May 25, 2007.

1. I popped into a local camera shop yesterday to look for a TC17 for my 70-200 and they happened to have some used 300's. Two were 300/4's, between 400 and 900 Cdn dollars. There was also a 300/2.8.

The 2.8 didn't have a price, and no record. It was in pretty sorry shape, lots of hair and dust on the lens, and missing the Nikon brass plate near the front element. This left a hole in the front of the lens.

The rep pulled the lens, but I'm wondering what it might cost to send it in to Nikon for a rebuild. Since it's a consigment lens, it might be worthwhile to pay a few minimal dollars and eat a few hundred dollars to get a like new lens back. (This would probably be a KEH Ugly - lens).

Any thoughts or advice?

2. Mark;

You might give these folks a call: http://www.nikoncamerarepair.com/

I've not used their services, but I understand they're very good and offer reasonable rates.

Let us know what you end up doing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.