Would anybody be interested?

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Spectre, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    I had an idea.... not necessarily a good idea, but an idea none the less.

I have an AIS 35mm f/2 lens that I sort of inherited that sits in my bag.... I have thought of selling it but instead ( here come the idea part...) I was thinking it may be fun for it to become a "traveling lens".

What I mean is,

I take an image or two with the lens, and post them.... I then take the lens and mail it to another Cafe member. ( This should only cost a few dollars because its a small lens and there is no hurry to get it anywhere.)

The receiving member shoots a few frames with this same lens, posts their pics to the same thread.... and sends the lens off to another member...

And so on.....

No limitations on subjects (within reason... nothing offensive)

Would anbody be interested or should I just leave the lens parked in my bag?

2. Similar to the US Camera books that have made their way across the country and been shared with countless folks who would have never had the chance! I think it's a wonderful idea and would love to have my name added to the list. :smile:

3. Ditto Antony

I'm game, a lot cheaper to ship than the books were:biggrin:

4. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    I'd play!

5. Why not change it slightly to a tour or towns and cities throughout the world? A couple of pictures from your town - then pass it on. I'm up for the Huntingdon/UK part of the tour!

Chris

6. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    I'm interested!

7. depending on whether or not it would fit my camera... lol. ( i don't really know about lens and such...) that would be cool. great idea spectre :) 

8. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Yes, similar to how the books traveled. Thanks for the support Anthony.

Tom, you're right.... a lot cheaper to ship! :smile:

Cool.... I could start this as soon as today.

Chris, thats a great idea. A kind of world tour through the eye of one lens! What would even be better is if we could get a picture of each Cafe member who has it as well. I wouldn't put those kind of restrictions on it ..... but it would sure be nice.

Great.....

Great Scott.... the more the merrier.

9. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Paul,
    just a thought...maybe you could start a sign up thread that is open for xxxx amount of time, or pm/email you, so that a route could be figured out. That way it isn't going from oregon, to vermont, to utah, to paris...it would go oregon, utah, vermont, paris....again just a thought

10. Hi Paul,

You can send it to my adress.

regards arthur

11. Having just sent the books from Pay It Forward on, and enjoying that, I'd be really interested in this idea! :smile: Sign me up for a CA tour of the lens.

12. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    Sounds like a great idea. Put me on the list.

13. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    I'm down as well for shots from Atlanta, GA.

14. What a brilliant idea!

I'd love to participate.

15. WCBike

WCBike

May 16, 2008
    Millsboro, DE
    Very cool idea. Let me know if it gets off the ground

16. aldirtfarmer

aldirtfarmer

May 2, 2006
    Aiken, SC
    I'd be happy to represent my part of South Carolina.

17. FotoPhocus

FotoPhocus

Jun 15, 2008
    I'm up for it! I'll meet up with a few guys in Detroit too and we can all have some fun with it

18. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Sounds like fun. I would like to play.

19. OInly thign I will say, apart from yes, and ill do it for Portland, Dorset, UK?
    Is, I may like it soo much, that id keep it!!!

20. speen

speen

Mar 7, 2008
    Virginia, USA
    I'd be interested in participating in the Washington DC area.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.