Would like a new iMac but...

Real Name
William Beem
Nobody knows anything... 'concrete'.. It's all speculation... really.
This is true. However, AppleInsider.com has a fair record of analyzing the facts and predicting new products (patent registrations, supplier comments and orders, when the product pipeline starts to dry up pending a new product, etc). They seem to think that new MacBook Pro models are due out, and the iMac line is WAY overdue for an upgrade based upon Apple's history of refining its hardware.

As the WWDC is only next month, I'm waiting to see what announcements get made. If I don't want to spring for the new model, then you'll surely see opportunity to get the older ones or refurbished models.

Connie and Ron,
I guess OLED's are still a long way off. Its one of those dream items like flying cars that have been talked about for years but never manifested in the ways developers promised..

Fred

Derbyshire, UK. Previously Manchester and Yorkshir
My Guess:

No mjor hardware revisions at WWDC in June - It's really all about launching the OS functionality (maybe LED screens in MacBook Pro's, as this is only a small change).

However, at the Leopard commercial Launch in October, I would expect to see some new hardware. My first thought was new form factor iMac, or possibly a Mac Mini replacement.

I strongly suspect they will update the iMac though. This is the most design focussed, yet technically capable computer on the planet, and the perfect vehicle to present a brand new OS.

I think a new form factor Mini will appear at next years MacWorld, addressing some of the devices limitations.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom