1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Would Parents Buy This?

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by ToToPhoto, Sep 29, 2008.

1. First try at one of these, do you think I could sell any? This is an out of town team that will be returning in a couple of weeks, that my niece plays on. If you think it would sell, should I show up with one 8x10 and try to take orders or maybe print a few on spec? I don't have a web site. Any thoughts? Thanks.

2899454216_7fc02e9f48_o.

2. Since you asked....
    Parents buy pix of their kids,... up close in your face, easy to identify, Face shots. If a few of those type of shots surrounded it. That would be OK, but this type of over all, generic team shot I don't think you'll have much luck with.
    Incorprate a close up and you'll be good.
    JM2C !
    '

3. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    I would approach the team manager and see if there is any budget money to do these for everyone.

4. Thanks for the input, I did do a more personal one for my niece and I did shoot lots of the other players. I'll have to go back and see what I can come up with.
    2899100556_2977cd4154.

5. BrendaC

BrendaC

Sep 24, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    You could show your niece's around and then take orders. Can I ask how much you are going to charge for an 8x10?

6. I like the 2nd one better, and as a parent, that's what I'd be more likely to buy (something with close ups of my child). :smile:

7. Maybe 25 buck?

I guess I was being a little lazy trying to appeal to everyone with one generic pic. I too would want one with my child's face. Just more work for me and greater cost for the parent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.