Would Parents Buy This?

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by ToToPhoto, Sep 29, 2008.

1. First try at one of these, do you think I could sell any? This is an out of town team that will be returning in a couple of weeks, that my niece plays on. If you think it would sell, should I show up with one 8x10 and try to take orders or maybe print a few on spec? I don't have a web site. Any thoughts? Thanks.

2899454216_7fc02e9f48_o.jpg

2. Since you asked....
    Parents buy pix of their kids,... up close in your face, easy to identify, Face shots. If a few of those type of shots surrounded it. That would be OK, but this type of over all, generic team shot I don't think you'll have much luck with.
    Incorprate a close up and you'll be good.
    JM2C !
    '

3. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    I would approach the team manager and see if there is any budget money to do these for everyone.

4. Thanks for the input, I did do a more personal one for my niece and I did shoot lots of the other players. I'll have to go back and see what I can come up with.
    2899100556_2977cd4154.jpg

5. BrendaC

BrendaC

Sep 24, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    You could show your niece's around and then take orders. Can I ask how much you are going to charge for an 8x10?

6. I like the 2nd one better, and as a parent, that's what I'd be more likely to buy (something with close ups of my child). :smile:

7. Maybe 25 buck?

I guess I was being a little lazy trying to appeal to everyone with one generic pic. I too would want one with my child's face. Just more work for me and greater cost for the parent.