Would the D90 be banned from the London Olympics?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by little big man, Aug 27, 2008.

1. pointa-b-c

pointa-b-c

Mar 21, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the link, it confirms many of my doubts for professional photographers' future.

2. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    Meh, all upcoming DSLRs might get movie mode, so all DSLR cameras will be banned. Maybe now pro's will go back to film.

3. I'm guessing Nikon is aware of the problems that could arise from this - and will probably always make a pro-body that doesn't offer HDVideo

meaning venues that might have problems with it - will have to be more diligent as to what cameras they will allow

4. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    i agree, flat out banning DSLR's because one can do it is not the way to go. It would be smart on their part to get a list of the cameras that can and to stop them. While it will make it harder on all of us that shoot pictures to have to pull out our gear for an inspection each time at least we would be able to get in with minimal hassle.

5. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    I can see a new market opening up for stick-on fake model badges.

6. Yeesh, this is bad news for those of us planning to go to the olympics in the future with camera in tow.

No, I can't see them training security guards to tell the difference between DSLR's with video mode and ones without it. To the untrained eye a D70s looks pretty much the same as a D700 or even a 5D. To the average person a DSLR is a DLSR. They'll just go and ban all DSLR's. The only people who will be able to bring them into olympic venues are those with journalistic credentials and they will probably have to sign an agreement stating they won't use the video features on their cameras, if they have them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.