Would you buy a car from this man???

Status
Not open for further replies.
This picture was from last year when he talked to our union.
Take note of the tie...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Pete

Give us over here a clue as to his identidy?I'm guessing that it's the possible new Vice Pres'.But photographs can lie.I'd buy a car from anyone if the price was right.

V.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is who you think it is... Nothing wrong with the tie, just remember it...
Pete

I live about a mile from this VP hopeful.I'll be in FL. on vaction Election week.I sent for a absentee Ballot,so I can vote for someone else.(no I woudn't buy a used car from him)

R

Rick Waldroup

That is really a nice shot. I suspect we may be looking at the next Vice-President.

Sure, I would buy a car from the guy. Why not?

I'm afraid I do not understand what the tie is about. Enlighten us.....

Yes, I was impressed that he did take the time to address our small group. The Tie??? Check this link:
http://www.barackobama.com/splash/vp.html?source=SEM-lb-google-biden-jbexact-search-national&gclid=CIPXxN-cqZUCFQUQswodiySdkw

Rick, thanks,

Pete
Hate to break it to ya, but the tie in link is clearly not the same tie as in your picture....completely different pattern......or are you knocking him for wearing two light blue ties in his lifetime...? I guess I don't get it either.

R

Rick Waldroup

I wouldn't trust him or his new found partner to buy anything from and the worst of it is, if they get in they'll take what I have, so a car is out of the question.
Why, of course they will, Louie. Just think, we will all suddenly face instant poverty if they get in office.

I don't know about you, but I much prefer the old fashioned way of getting to the poor house- you know, like trying to pay for an unjust, insane war, oh, let's see, how about tax cuts that support mostly the wealthy- let's see, how about out-of-control fuel costs driven by obscene profit-driven energy companies, which in turn was brought about by the unjust, insane war (see the top part) and the list can go on and on and on and on....

But you know the best part? The response of those responsible for this mess. They lie, they cover-up, and when that does not work, why they act like there is no problem at all. You know, after all, we're all just a bunch of whiners out here.

R

Rick Waldroup

He wears his state's colors on his ties.
Thanks Danny for the clarification.

I was worried there for a while. I thought maybe we were on the verge of another earth-breaking scandal about certain types of Democratic clothing, or why certain people did not wear a stick-pin- you know, important stuff like that.

R

Rick Waldroup

You know, Pete, you have a great shot of Biden. Why muck it up with such a *** title? Especially if you are going to post it in the photojournlism section. Why not just post the photo, with a caption as to who it is, when it was shot, and where it was shot, and just leave it at that. Then, let a healthy, normal discussion about the photo and the man take place.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, Pete, you have a great shot of Biden. Why muck it up with such a *** title? Especially if you are going to post it in the photojournlism section. Why not just post the photo, with a caption as to who it is, when it was shot, and where it was shot, and just leave it at that. Then, let a healthy, normal discussion about the photo and the man take place.
I'm leaning more and more into the direction of just using the place and time (and subject, if needed) as the title of the shot. At least it should work with PJ shots... As said, this would enable open discussion without prejudices set by the photographer.

(For the 366 Day Project, my shots are from time to time so boring, that I simply need to try to add something with a title :tongue:)

R

Rick Waldroup

You know fellas, there is a fine line to walk when it comes to an open discourse on photojournalism shots that deal with political subjects. I shoot lots of hot topic subjects all the time, yet I almost always title the photos by subject, location, and date. That's it. I want the viewer to decide how they feel about the shot, and more importantly, I want them to think about what they are viewing. Sometimes I may give a little background info on the shot or, I will answer specific questions about how I view the shot, but other than that, I like to let the shot stand on it's own.

That way, as Jani mentioned, for the most part, the photographer is retaining an air of impartiality. Simply post the shot and let the discussion begin. But to post the shot, in the photojournalism section, with this type of title, only invites problems.

And Bill, if you did not come here for politics, then I suggest you abandon the photojournalism section completely. The two go hand-in-hand- always have and always will. I'm not saying that is a bad or good thing- it is just the way it is. :wink:

This thread has taken a decided political turn and will be closed at this time. The thread started off with a demeaning statement and has gone downhill ever since. The Cafe rules on this are pretty clear and should not be difficult to live up to. The rule is here: Posts of a political, cultural or religious nature will be heavily moderated. This forum is not a sounding board for political, cultural or religious agendas, nor is it intended for distribution of sexual materials.

And in addition this thread has problems in this area as well: Community Standards: As in all communities, there is room for disagreement and debate. Contentiousness and rude behavior will not be tolerated, and members are expected to use courtesy in their exchanges on the forum. Nikon Cafe serves a wide demographic; we want everyone to feel comfortable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom