"Would you change your D300 to a mint D2X?" THE ENDING

Dear All!

I did. :) I can't be more happy. My old dream came true, and ISO800 is perfectly useable for me. All of my lenses focus more sure and faster. I strongly believe that the CAM2000 is the very best AF module in a DX cam. I didn't feel the new 3500 as good.

Damn my 180 AF-D became AF-S fast! :)
Grip perfect for my hand.
No built in flash, well... I'am forced to use my SB800 more often, never mind :)

I can use my DK17M and DK19 again!!! Lovely viewfinder, easyer to focus my old 105 1.8 AI-S.

I LOVE MY D2X!

Dear All!

I did. :) I can't be more happy. My old dream came true, and ISO800 is perfectly useable for me. All of my lenses focus more sure and faster. I strongly believe that the CAM2000 is the very best AF module in a DX cam. I didn't feel the new 3500 as good.

No built in flash, well... I'am forced to use my SB800 more often, never mind :)

I can use my DK17M and DK19 again!!! Lovely viewfinder, easyer to focus my old 105 1.8 AI-S.

I LOVE MY D2X!
Good for you.... I love mine too. :biggrin:

Glad you are happy!!

Once again I come home from a shoot thinking the D2X is a better option for my kind of shooting. No amount of high ISO can remedy an out-of-focus image and the D300 just can't lock on to BiF's.

As far as AF.. D2X > D300 in my book.

I can see it coming...I don't think I'll keep the D300 longer than I will the D2x..

I'm not totally happy focussing my AI lens on the D300. It's difficult to see if objects (especialy distant ones) are in focus in the first place. Add to that the fact the focus indicator light doesn't tell you precisely when you're in focus - eg flickers like mad, OR stays on when you've already turned the focus ring slightly giving you a range of supposedly in-focus shots which only disappoint when zoomed in - and you have yourself a bunch of out of focus shots.

Jonathan, the best money you can spend on that camera is sending it to KatzEye and letting them install an Optibrite treated focus screen. I had them put one in my D200 after having it a year, and all I can say is that I wasted a year with my manual lenses. The 300 uses the same screen as the 200. I seriously can't recommend it highly enough!

Dear All!

I LOVE MY D2X!
What ever floats your boat!

C

Craig Salisbury

I remember reading scott kelby's blog and he was selling his D2X after his D300 purchase because he thought it was a superior product.

Craig

Yeah, I second the "whatever floats your boat". The AF in the D300 is more advanced... But slower. Your D2x is a tradeoff, but if you need that raw speed (I assume you do a lot of sports/wildlife photography?) then maybe it's worth it.

I think whichever one you use you adapt to it's weakness somehow and make it work. I have the D3 and D2x and sure there is a difference but I usually have both on me when out and am comfy to grab either one depending on circumstances. :cool:

I think whichever one you use you adapt to it's weakness somehow and make it work. I have the D3 and D2x and sure there is a difference but I usually have both on me when out and am comfy to grab either one depending on circumstances. :cool:
Same here... great minds think alike. :wink:

I glad this was a good swap for you. I did the opposite of you and feel the same way. D300 or D2X, Nikon or Canon. Whatever works for you. It is just a tool,
Tom

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom