Would you like some bokeh to go with...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by ZBaum, May 18, 2007.

1. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

That sharpness?

Both at f/2 :910: :910: :910: :910:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Needless to say, I already love my 135mm f/2 DC, and I've hardly even used it.

2. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Drool......I need to quit coming in here...

3. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

o yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa .....;-))

4. Beauteous Bokeh!

But the DOF at 135mm f/2 is sooo thin that I can't tell if anything's in focus. Try some shots at f/4 to begin with. The sweet bokeh will still be there.

Congratulations on picking an awesome lens. You have excellent taste :).

5. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

Thanks Frank. This is my first lens purchase that I feel really good about. I agree about the ultra-thin DOF, and I'll certainly be shooting most of my shots at f/2.8-f/4. But what fun is having f/2 if you don't at least try it out? :cool:

6. OK, but it's even more fun if you try it out on people instead of tree trunks. And the nice thing about 19 year old photographers is they hang around with 19 year old girls with brght eyes, white smiles, and perfect skin. They make wonderful test subjects for a 135/2 :wink:.

7. BarryS

BarryS

Dec 12, 2006
    Narberth, PA
    Very very nice.

8. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

Frank, I uh, don't currently have a 19 year old female friend with aforementioned characteristics, but I'm looking into it and will report back as soon as I can :wink: . I can't wait to try out the lens on people (which it was designed for), but I'm the only one at home right now and my cats aren't cooperating. I'll see what I can do over the weekend.

9. Faceman

Faceman

Aug 19, 2006
    LI, NY
    Great, I just spent a grand on a different lens. After seeing this the lust continues.

10. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

If you're lucky, you can find one of these for $550-700 in the non-'D' form. I got mine for $616 from KEH, in EX condition (and it looks almost new, other than some really light scratches on the lens hood).

11. tasnim_fahim

tasnim_fahim

Oct 2, 2006
    riyadh
    congratulations. now let's see some human forms!

Enjoy.

12. DCs are great lenses, but bokeh is only the sauce... Give us the food too please :443: :599:

13. Faceman

Faceman

Aug 19, 2006
    LI, NY
    I'd pay what you did for a non-D. Thanks for the info.