1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Would you try this?

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by actionshooter, Jul 28, 2009.

1. actionshooter

actionshooter

Aug 26, 2008
    NY
    In surfing the net I came across this website/product. Kind of interesting, but kind of geeky looking. Would you be willing to give this try?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2009
  2. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    in a word, no, lol

Looks dangerous actually say if someone ran into you

3. jerryshenk

jerryshenk

Jan 8, 2009
    PA
    I have thought about something like that...never actually came up with anything and you're right, it is a little strange looking. For some types of shooting, it might be pretty handy. I would definitely give it a try if I had a chance...$325 and up seems a little high though...might be worth it in some types of shooting...seems like all-day sports shooting might be the thing..but, it might be hot and heavy to wear all day though.

4. The guy looks like a human erector set.

It may offer some stability, but I would think it would be be as wobbly as his legs are. ( and you would probably be laughed at ) :cool: 

5. what are you all talking about? That thing is slick! The photog groupies will be all over you!

bahaahahhahahahaha:wink:

6. John-O

John-O

Jul 26, 2008
    Carson, CA, USA
    Looks a bit overkill to me, like a P&S with a monopod.

7. If it's as bad as the grammar in the ad, I wouldn't go near it.

Bruce

8. Ryan Bradford

Ryan Bradford

Jul 14, 2009
    Rochester
    The funny thing is i saw someone shooting with one. I though maybe he broke his back?

9. ServiceOver

ServiceOver

Oct 1, 2008
    Germany
  10. jerryshenk

jerryshenk

Jan 8, 2009
    PA
    somebody else on that sportsshooter page just posted a link to a "gut saver" from Cabela's. Basically, it's just a pocket for a fishing rod that sets on your belt....a bunch of good ideas in that thread.

11. actionshooter

actionshooter

Aug 26, 2008
    NY
    This Manfrotto pouch was mentioned on the SS site. Looks kind of simple, but I wonder how much it could hold weight wise? Would have to have some pretty strong stitching to hold a 400/2.8.

12. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    I'll stick with my monopod, thanks.

13. I'll stick to the monopod, haha.

14. jonh68

jonh68

Sep 21, 2008
    Alabama
  15. I can't even imagine the carnage this would cause in a collision :eek: . Kind regards Graham

16. I'd likely sucker up and buy something like that...

... and then never use it and it'd sit in the back of my closet forever to eventually be sold in a yard sale for $3 to some granny who wants to use it for watering her plants.

So no. I'm not buying it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.