1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

wow, a DAY game!

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by tjk60, Oct 4, 2008.

1. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    I feel so much better not having lugged my flash rigs around!

1) one of us got the shot
    386589223_SNooL-XL.

2) no faces but good timing?
    386589235_3g9Qh-XL.

3) everytime I question my autofocus, I get a real sharp one:
    386589245_VYnkg-XL.

4). Nice contain!
    386589251_HS7Pn-XL.

5). Halftime adjustment speech
    386589258_mj8fT-XL.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice image quality Tim, the action looks good and the images are exposed very well. I really like the last image, no action, but it tells a story regardless.

3. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Quality shots here Tim. Man what a difference light makes.

Well done.

4. Simba909

Simba909

Mar 2, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Very nice Tim, nice colors and very sharp.

5. 1 and 3 are great shots... good punch and sharpness.

6. nice treat eh Tim? Some nice shots, yes, I like the one sans faces, still tells an action story...

7. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Tim Lucky you
    1 and 3 are the best of this lot
    I hate when the action is not facing me #2 is good timing, just not a winner without faces

8. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I like #1 and #3, but also the last one...it tells a story.
    Day games...
    I'm jealous. :smile:

9. Nice shots Tim, You keep calling Mike the best, but these are pretty spectacular themselves.

As a DLS alum, I was thrilled to get the outcome (DLS 9-Rice 7). I did not make the game, I was refereeing some lacrosse, I wanted to see you work and where you stand, what your looking for, camera settings, etc....
    Any advice on where I should stand, I usually get 20-50 yards in front or behind play and I only have a 80-200 f2.8 or 200-400 f5.6, should I get in the endzone?

10. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    yeah, ya got us this year!

I normally try to be just behind the line of scrimmage to get defensive players and about 15-20 yds downfield to get offensive players. when they get to the 30 or so I move to the end zone. I would think with the 200-400 and daytime you could go about anywhere. I try and guess run/pass base on situation and pick someone to follow. If you are by yourself and try to capture ALL the action, you soon realize why Sports Illustrated sends an army to cover a game!

I appreciate even being mentioned in the same sentence as Mike, and I try hard as always to come even close... (but let's be real here :biggrin:) 

11. Thanks again for the info, I will keep trying and posting and asking for help!

Bob

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.