Wow, am I stoked!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daves602, Jun 25, 2007.

1. I shoot sportsmen and women freelance in Australia and as well, Slazenger get me to photograph their sponsored players in Sydney. I was informed by them today that 2 of my images will be in a commercial on television that will be playing throughout the Wimbledon tennis comp. The shots are of Australian cricketer, Michael Clark. Yes, I can hear you all thinking what is a cricket player doing in a tennis advert....... It all makes sense when you catch it. I have no idea how far the ad will range, Sydney I guess, maybe national in Australia.
    I don't care, just a buzz to be told that someone thinks enough of your work to spend a lot of money. Oh, by the way, this is the first time any of my shots have made it onto the tele, so I am just a little bit excited.:biggrin:

2. Congrats, not bad for a first time.

Cheers

3. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Sweet!!!!

4. Hey Larz, haven't you got rid of that 500mm yet?

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great news

Hope you got paid to:>))))

6. bob swanson

bob swanson Guest

7. That's terrific!!! Don't forget to record the show so you can enjoy the rush over and over again. :biggrin:

8. Bob, I was paid for the shoot. I am happy for the company to use the images they paid me to take.

9. Sandi, I have a copy already.:wink:

10. That's awesome, congrats.

11. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Dave, nope. It is on the big auction site though with just over 2 days left. 1 more bid meets the reserve and then I can buy more cool stuff. LOL!

12. Congratulations Dave!

13. That's super, congrats.

14. Dave, that is fantastic. You are in for a great feeling, when you see them on tv.

15. Good one Dave.... I'll keep an eye out for it..... Let us all know when your feet get back on the ground...LOL...

16. Mixed feelings really. They have given the shots an old world nostalgia, sepia appearance to run with the theme of the event.
    I am not complaining though, the tournament runs for 2 weeks, with 2 weekends of prime time tele thrown in. My 2 little pics should be seen until everyone is sick of them.:Happy:
    Thanks to everyone for the congrats. I am still focused and can't spend too much time puffing the chest up as it is end of financial year over here and I only have 3 days left to finalise all my bookwork.:mad:

17. Good on you, Dave! I've watched you mastering the craft over the past few years, and am glad to see your hard work is paying off. Congratulations!

18. Thanks for the encouragement Frank. The commercial has been running constantly in the evenings during the week. I am getting a bit blasé about it, "ho hum, there are my pictures on the tele again" lol, I better snap out of it and take a few humble pills otherwise I could be heading for a fall!

19. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Dave, see if you can't record it and then put it on you tube or something so we could see it also.

20. Larz, I have a windows media file of the commercial. I am hesitant to show it because it is not mine. I will have a chat to the guys at Slazenger and ask them if they can foresee any legal probs with putting it on youtube. I am guessing that slazenger would be good with it (hey, extra advertising!), but maybe the guys who produced the commercial may have a problem?