1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Wow !

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by italy74, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Well, probably the right forum where to post this should be the rangefinder one but I'm sure you will wait with me the digitalized pictures taken in Modena about one month and half ago. I've seen the slides taken with an old Hexar and leica 35 mm and I'm really surprised of them. They show a sharpness and a colour rendition really superb. What I feared (to miss several shots) apparently didn't occur at all, except those cases in which things were by themselves impossible to get steady.
    I'll upload as soon as possible.

See you soon.

2. Dino, I am looking forward to your pictures. Isn't Ferrari based in Modena?

3. Ciao Ray
    Ferrari is in Maranello which is not so far from Modena
    the modenese brand in itself is Maserati. (Which I like MUCH more, models and style-wise)
    I hope to get the CD tonight.

4. Hi guys
    let me show you a hint of what I got.. only in 1024x768, however...
    Notice that inside the dome they are always wide open... try to imagine what frightening times I had to shoot with a iso 50 roll !!!

The Dome (what a pity some works were going on)
    384546647_4A7co-X3.

The Dome /2 - the little figure you see there is a very old lady probably a bit messed up by the great heat since she moved very strangely...
    384547302_uT2ZH-X3.

My friend Giorgio - impressive !
    384548321_xQhA4-X3.

Inside /1
    384548210_nNv4c-X3.

Inside /2
    384547773_vpvzo-X3.

Inside /3
    384549466_TxRRf-X3.

Unnoticed
    384547157_f5HQz-X3.

Along the stony alleys
    384549107_nNCf3-X3.

(ALMOST) unnoticed: one of the girls was just looking at me when I shot..
    384551175_pHxFv-X3.

Inside the shop that lent me the camera
    384549513_viV6q-X3.

On the sidewalk
    384550192_Gb56m-X3.

I also took some other shots. In general, the tiny leica 35/2 behaved quite good, although in contre-light it sometimes showed some kind of veil and flare that lowered sharpness and contrast (but I hadn't neither a hood, unfortunately, so all it was left to the lens coatings..)

5. aspiringphotos

aspiringphotos

Sep 26, 2008
    Kansas
    Beautiful! It's inspiring, maybe I'll get my film cam out again this weekend.

6. Dino, I like the shot of the Nativity Scene. It had to be tough shooting ISO 50 in that church. Thanks for the street scenes also.

7. YES !!! Fortunately a RF has less vibrations than a SLR...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.