1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

WRC, Neste Oil Rally Finland 2009!

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Tuka, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Tuka

Tuka

Aug 12, 2007
    Finland
    Hello all!

Long time no posting.. but last wkend we had the best event in a year Neste Oil Rally :wink:

so i thought id post some preview pics, and the rest of the gallery (96pics) can be seen from my homepage http://rissanen.kuvat.fi

As years before the NPS was in the event to, and i got a hands on with D300s.. so nice of them :) 

but here are the pics (and for the not-car enthusiastic ppl, there is some grid girls also :wink:) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And all C&C is more then welcome!

-Atte

2. Drifting is definitely hard to pan with. In all honesty, with them coming towards you, driving sideways, your pans at 1/60th are going to leave too much blur, to make it work for you. The second one, is far, far better than the third. The first is extremely boring though, and not really worth keeping, IMO, unless its all you have of them.

3. supradedupra

supradedupra

Apr 26, 2008
    Florida
    Were these taken with a D300s? How did you like it?

I really like the 2nd photo the most. It really shows the action.

And I love WRC, so maybe I'm a little biased :) .

4. Tuka

Tuka

Aug 12, 2007
    Finland
    Nope all photos with my D300, the D300s was handson only, allthough they were kind enough to let my shoot on my own CF, but with a promise to not post anything out of it :) 

and well i cant say much of it, since i was only interested about the HD movie mode wich i tryed :)  seems nice :wink:
    but my next one is definetly D3 when i get the cash :frown: since iam the official Kalpa Hockey match photographer for season 2009-10 on finland highest hockey league called "SM-Liiga" :tongue:

and as i mentioned rest of photos (total of 95pics) are on my site incase you guys dont bother to look for it, here is direct link :biggrin: http://rissanen.kuvat.fi/norf09/index.html any C&C about the gallery photos are also welcome :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.