WTB These Lenses (Can I do This Here?)

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by jfenton, Apr 2, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    I'm looking for a MINT 28mm 2.8 AIS OR a MINT 25-50 f4 AIS.

Anyone know of any?

2. dkapp

dkapp

Mar 18, 2005
    San Francisco
    The best I have seen in the past weeks were EX condition at KEH.

I'm been watching for one the past few months. They are usually pretty worn by now :(

Dave

3. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Dave

I've seen both new and unused locally over the past few months...I just wasn't in the market for them at the time and unfortunately they are no longer available.

4. dkapp

dkapp

Mar 18, 2005
    San Francisco
  5. nfoto

nfoto Guest

I own both and you won't be able to buy them from me :)

The 28 is superb for close-up work with D2X, so for that matter is the 25-50 which produced the image below,

6. dkapp

dkapp

Mar 18, 2005
    San Francisco
    Thanks for the sample image. I've been going back and fourth on the 28/2.8 & 28/2 for a few weeks/months now. I'd use it on my F3 HP & D2H for WA/Film & Standard on the D2H. It seems you gave both a good review.

I know they are not expensive lenses, but I am poor so I need to get it right the first time. No money to waste.

Dave

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Holy cow Bjorn!! That's one sharp image. Would you mind sharing your settings (especially aperture)?

Thanks,

Frank

8. nfoto

nfoto Guest

D2X at 100 ISO equivalency, f/16, 25-50 lens @25mm, 3 sec. with flash fill-in, Sachtler tripod. Lifted straight off the camera with BibblePro 4.2.3, no adjustments at all. Taken while I had my breakfast, and just arranged some left-overs from the big party the night before. Need to do something while I sip my morning coffee :)

"Lifted" is to be taken in the literal sense as I had the WT-2 wireless device attached to the camera, so after finishing my coffee just I meandered over to my Linux FTP-server to find this image.

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks!! Just shows (again....;-)) how much I have to learn. I couldn't get a picture this sharp in 1,000 tries. :?

Man, is this a fun hobby or what....8) No matter how much you learn, there is so much more.

Frank

10. nfoto

nfoto Guest

You just need to focus the lens before you trip the shutter :) And using a sturdy tripod helps, too

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Easy for you to say, hard for me to do.... :lol:

Seriously, I somehow manage to get the wrong part of the image in focus or make some other dumb mistake when I try to take shots like these. OTOH, I haven't taken that many shots like these. :p

I'll get there. 8)

Thanks for the encouragement Bjorn.

Frank

12. Jim there are sevral available on Ebay right now many of them mint, I will propbably pick on up on the recommendation....