WTC Tribute in Lights (large pics)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by RFCGRAPHICS, Sep 12, 2005.

1. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    The rebuild continues as does the healing. The Tribute in Lights photographed off my balcony in NJ. All pics taken with D100 and nikkor 70-200VR. (basic settings, anti shock mirror, incandescent wb, 2 sec timer, low contrast, RAW)

170mm 5 secs f8
    original.

280mm 4 secs f9
    original.

82mm 10 secs f8
    original.

200 15 secs f8
    original.

2 image panorama stitched realviz sticher
    original.

Regards

RFC

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Very nice...

3. Robert,

Well done. I'm going to Weehawken tonight to take few pictures. Last night was perfect b/c the sky was very clear, at least in NJ :)

4. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Robert,

Thank you for sharing these images. They are excellent.

Never Forget,

5. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi dbirdsong, Jay, and Patrick

Thanks for the comments. The newspapers say people showing up for the memorial services are getting smaller each year. I guess time does heal all wounds. For me, I will never forget that day.

Regards

RFC

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks for sharing. I will never forget. It was a tough time in my life (as well as many others) and although the wounds heal over, they are always there. I still get a lump in my throat when I think about waking up to the news that day. It's still difficult for me to understand. Again, thanks for sharing something so touching.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Robert,
    Your images are fantastic......

Thank you so much for sharing with us :>)))

Tough times we have.. :>))

8. Hi Robert,

WOW! Those images are awesome. A very nice tribute indeed to such an unforgettable time in our lives.

Thanks so much for sharing your work.

9. Great Shots :smile:
    Will I forget? A cousin in the NYPD, 2 in the NYFD and a godson in finance all there. I will never forget, forgivness may come but not yet! There is no contrition given the chance thet would do it again.
    I may have backed off of the "turn the place into a sheet of glass" I first felt but I would still rather argue with the oposition then comiserate over their lost kin.
    If I even think about forgetting I just need to see my brother-in-law the most cleancut guy you can imagine at age 40 and a captain in the NYFD with a big 342 tattoo on his arm. Will he ever forget when he can name every one of them.
    I'll get off my soapbox now but not thinking we are still at war is dangerous and as proven they don't care where you came from or if you pray to the same god if you live in the US you are fair game :mad:

10. Your images leave me speechless. Thank you for sharing your photos and capturing a moment in time I prefer not to forget.

11. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Robert,

Your images are both breathtaking and powerful. I enjoyed reading this thread and how each of the members reacted to your images and just what 9/11 has etched into their memories forever. Some people in our country may forget what happened that day, but I sure don't know how they can put it out of their mind. The threat of terrorism will exist for many years to come...it's a darned shame! We are all blessed to live in a great country, some may say that it has it's faults...maybe, but I love this land!!! :smile:

12. Robert, awesome shots...I thought I saw a 70-200 sticking out of a building 20 miles away!!

Great job!!

13. Absolutely gorgeous, thanks.

14. SWEET very well done what a view you have thier. Thanks for sharing

15. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

Regards

RFC

16. Robert,

Just brilliant... and moving. Very well done my friend: you should be proud. I hope you are getting them printed, big.