WWDC Predictions?

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by bozola, Jun 8, 2007.

1. bozola

bozola

Feb 28, 2006
    Seattle WA
    New Imac?
    New Powermac?

I can't wait!

2. DBrim

DBrim

May 30, 2007
    Boston, MA
    New imacs, new iPods (hopefully with all flash memory, if so, I'll buy one).

3. Snipps

Snipps

Oct 7, 2006
    Mac Pro update, maybe ultraportable laptop

4. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    None of the above. New iMacs will come out later this year. According to the rumor sites that track these things, the supply channel is still full of existing iMacs. Typically, it's hard for the stores to get current machines right before a new product launch.

WWDC is about developers. The Mac Pro came out last year because it's aimed at developers. They usually don't introduce hardware for WWDC. Expect news that pertains to people writing code.

If there is a Mac Pro update, it'll be pretty small.

5. DBrim

DBrim

May 30, 2007
    Boston, MA
    The reason I'm saying new iPods is that they are due for a major upgrade and they would compliment the iPhone well.

6. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    ThinkSecret is wrong more often than it is right. It may be true that the next version of iMacs will have brushed metal, but I still doubt we'll see them coming up at WWDC.

Still, it's all rumor and speculation until the announcement comes out.

7. By just observing the recent changes to the MBP, I would expect at least the following changes to the MacPro:

1) Upgrade to at least 2GB of RAM (and possibly 4GB) standard.

2) Update the graphics to ATI HD2600 series card. I think the HD 2900 series and nVidia 8800 series will become BTO options. This move would split business between ATI and nVidia and keep Apple in a neutral position. ATI and nVidia would fight for Apple's business so we all win!

3) BluRay as BTO.

It doesn't make much sense for Apple to have a notebook with some better specs than the pro desktops so the RAM and graphics cards WILL be updated.

Just my 2 cents,
    Mike

8. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    I don't want to guess and just want to be amazed by what will be announced ( kind of like a Christmas present ) :biggrin:

9. From my point of view, the expectations that get worked up over WWDC these days don't make much sense.

It is a developer conference. Where people like myself that make OSX software get together.

Seems to me these days Apple releases stuff whenever anyway.

10. slint

slint

May 30, 2007
    Chicago
    I'm gonna guess:

- Spotlight on Leopard
    - More info on the iPhone

I don't think we'll see any new hardware introduced at WWDC.

11. That's because Apple has released updated computers and monitors at WWDC in the past. Heck, up until a few years ago, the only times Apple would release new hardware was at Macworld San Francisco, Boston, and New York.

12. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Now that the keynote is over and there aren't any new hardware releases, does anyone want to revise their prediction?