Wylam Brewery

Formerly the Palace of Arts in Exhibition Park, Newcastle:

1. PoSci_20190312_006.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. PoSci_20190312_010.jpg

3. PoSci_20190312_016.jpg

Beautiful set, Al!
Great looking building and surroundings.
The light in #1 is an added bonus.

The first two photos are especially enjoyable because they display the building's surroundings so nicely. Well done!

Thanks Mike :D

Beautiful set, Al!
Great looking building and surroundings.
The light in #1 is an added bonus.

Cheers Bart :D

Beautiful shots of this building, Al! Ditto on everything said about #1. I'm going to add the plants on the right front. You really hit the comp, light, and focus!

Cheers Dossy :D

Really nice pics of a favourite spot when I was a lad. That was the Science and Engineering Museum then and your "Turbinia" was one of the exhibits. It was a great little museum, packed with interesting and wonderful things, some interactive, for youngsters to marvel at. Hopefully many of them were relocated to the current museum. There were also lots of little paddle boats on the "lake" that you could hire for a bit of watery fun and someone had put a goldfish or two into the water that grew to quite reasonable sizes. They were no doubt originally fairground prizes from the shooting stalls at the nearby annual "Hoppings". We always looked for them whenever we visited.

Cheers Ron :D

I vaguely recall that it was the Military Vehicle Museum while I was at University, but I never found time to visit :(

Apparently the refurbishment is something we have Freddy Shepherd to thank for ;)

On this occasion, it was the venue for the "Palace of Science" event as part of British Science Week :D

I think most of the stuff from the Science and Engineering Museum went to the Discovery; itself well worth a visit :D

I was about to say, "What a grand-looking building for making beer...looks like a museum". Then I read Ron's post...

Very well done. I like seeing everything in focus in #1.

Latest threads

Top Bottom