Wyoming Bear fun

We had the privilege to watch these guys play
I was standing beside a NPS Ranger while shooting.
D500- 500pf + 1.4 TC
Shot 13May21

Griz Cub (1 of 1)-2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Griz Cub (1 of 1)-3.jpg

Griz Cub (1 of 1).jpg

Mom Griz in Willows (1 of 1).jpg

Nursing Mom (1 of 1)-2.jpg

Great shots. They've been fun to watch. You were nearby? Did you pass through Dubois or did you stay on the Jackson side of the Continental Divide?
I was taking a buddy around to YNP and GTNP as he had not been there in 55 years.. so was taking him around. We stayed in Jackson for 2 nites.. our primary was YNP but we did very well on all the game in YNP, including Wolves, so we hit GTNP... I was parked by the NPS Ranger whom was observing (Waiting for her) so we were chatting and I saw the movement on the mountain side... pointed it out to him and then we watched and shot for a bit. He (The ranger) told me based on the activity, they were going to close that stretch of the shoulder to cars the next day and probably haze the bear. We drove home yesterday to WA state but was told by another friend up there, that the State patrol, closed the road.

Bill,, this was just down the road from you in Dubois... but was told yesterday, State troopers closed the shoulder in that area, for now.

a friend was up there yesterday and she said 5 miles of the road was marked as Closed (Cones and signs)
hope this batch of cubs survive as the last ones, did not.

Latest threads

Top Bottom