x-c race 4

Claire ran again on Tuesday. The curse was at a different school and I missed where the finish line was so these are along the course. The top runner who won the race last week was not there so Claire won again.

1. On first loop
_OAA0709.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Second loop
_OAA0767.jpg

3. It was quite humid - she is feeling worn out near the end
_OAA0787.jpg

Real Name
Andy
Great images! Running has always been my favorite sport, both as a participant and a fan.

How I miss cross country meets! Now that all my kids have retired from competitive running, there's a distinct empty place where I once photographed every race, making sure to capture at least one photo of every runner on all four of my kids' teams. In fact, those races were the primary reason for my late jump from manual focus and film to autofocus and digital.

Great images! Running has always been my favorite sport, both as a participant and a fan.

How I miss cross country meets! Now that all my kids have retired from competitive running, there's a distinct empty place where I once photographed every race, making sure to capture at least one photo of every runner on all four of my kids' teams. In fact, those races were the primary reason for my late jump from manual focus and film to autofocus and digital.
Running is my sport too and I liked when my son and his wife started running - and now two of their 3 kids. Claire's brother is in elementary school and he has just a few meets this year. Claire started there too and got interested in being fast when she became the fastest runner in the family.

I really like the light on Claire in the first photo and the story being told by the runners behind her. Consider brightening her face a bit and darkening the bright light in the background to maybe take that photo to another level.
Thanks for the thoughts Mike. Claire was in harsh light and I already made adjustments by selecting her and doing a bit of shadows/highlights. I also darkened the tee shirt of the spectators some. I tried more but it started to look unnatural to me.
Nice photos of Claire!
Thanks Terri.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom