'x' in LR3 vs LR2

in the dev module in lr2 I used to crop or press x to reject the pic
in lr3 'x' does a crop and doesn't reject (when I have the crop tool selected, which i always have selected)

anyway to override this behaviour ?

this is why i hate upgrading s/w

Nope, it was a much requested addition Randy. the majority of users use x for reject in the Library.
But there have been complaints elsewhere as well so you can place a feature request to change the behaviour. There may be other shortcuts available for rotate crop to use in Develop!!
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform
thx geoff
i would be ok if it worked that way in v2 but to make the chg in v3 is what angers me....i am back to 2.5 for now

thx geoff
i would be ok if it worked that way in v2 but to make the chg in v3 is what angers me....i am back to 2.5 for now
That's like throwing the baby out with the bath-water.:rolleyes: Randy people do make requests and the team do listen, maybe it was a much requested idea.
Have you placed a request to have it different again??? If not then you have no chance of being heard !!:wink:
LR3 has much better processing than LR2.5.:eek:

hey Randy, not sure if this helps but ive changed my workflow a bit, I actually push "6" to tag the photos to delete with a colour code of "Red" then after getting to the end I select all those and delete them that way. Just an extra step.

That's like throwing the baby out with the bath-water.:rolleyes: Randy people do make requests and the team do listen, maybe it was a much requested idea.
Have you placed a request to have it different again??? If not then you have no chance of being heard !!:wink:
LR3 has much better processing than LR2.5.:eek:
it's just temporary, i had a football game to process fast
i'll get back to lr3 for sure

Randy, as I remember, in the dev module of Lr 3, the x still marks for delete.
It is only, when the crop mode is active in the dev module, that x switches the crop aspect ratio (I love this new feature ;-) ).

I make cropping an entirely separate mission during my work flow.
If I prepare a batch of shots, the first after the last edit is, to crop, where needed.

I work from the library mode,
mark a shot,
hit "R",
crop, as needed,
hit "enter", when finished cropping,
either flip to the next shot with "right" or go back to the library module with "G" and select from there (mostly, as I mostly crop only selective shots).

I do my first edit with deletions also from the library module but sometimes have to mark a shot during a later work flow step (like dev or cropping), which I do just with x (making sure, I am not in crop mode ;-) ).

Good luck - you will love Lr3, once, you got started - it does so much better output than Lr2 (noise redux, fine detail, sharpening module, effects, printing, … everything actually)!

thx geoff
Argh! Geoff is right Randy. The luminance and sharpening controls are alone worth the re-learning of the upgrade to 3. Heck if a geezer like me can learn, surely you can. Actually I would think using it for a large-scale effort such as yours would be the best way to get the commands to 'sink in.' Good luck with it. For my needs LR was an order of magnitude more useful than NX2.

Rich

about 2 weeks I ditched nx2 for lr3 and i am thrilled with the change

other than the obvious time savings in opening nefs and writing jpgs lr3 blows away nx2 in every category except adjusting levels, i still like nx2 and cs5's implementation better

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom