X-Pro2 - anyone tempted ?

Very nice shots! With a 37 mile course, it must have taken some real planning to get to the different vantage spots. The IOM hasn't made it to my bucket list yet, but it might.

BTW, I was in the Barber Motorsports Museum, outside of Birmingham, AL and they had this bike (probably a replica):

35181955471_5f35198da2_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
EM520782 by Bruce Rubenstein, on Flickr

and a John Surtees exhibit:

35144887142_4f7e644edf_b.jpg
EM520793 by Bruce Rubenstein, on Flickr

This is the main event - this year's vacation at the Isle of Man TT races.

A few pictures from that event.

Struggled a bit with the small viewfinder, and also the processing the files that seems to take a while in Lightroom. I think I am still going to need a DSLR !

A few shots from the Isle of Man TT.

35298017036_6324b5ac89_c.jpg
Michael Dunlop by 660 Mattie, on Flickr

Josh Brookes by 660 Mattie, on Flickr

35208241521_af87d14f6e_c.jpg
Josh Brookes by 660 Mattie, on Flickr

34494449404_c16cba2fce_c.jpg
Ian Hutchinson by 660 Mattie, on Flickr

34950408860_4fbc9d6476_c.jpg
Michael Dunlop Senior TT win by 660 Mattie, on Flickr

Wow those are some great photos from the TT races. You did a fine job of it & your XPro-2 delivered the goods for you. Well done!

Very nice shots! With a 37 mile course, it must have taken some real planning to get to the different vantage spots. The IOM hasn't made it to my bucket list yet, but it might.

BTW, I was in the Barber Motorsports Museum, outside of Birmingham, AL and they had this bike (probably a replica):

35181955471_5f35198da2_b.jpg
EM520782 by Bruce Rubenstein, on Flickr

35144887142_4f7e644edf_b.jpg
EM520793 by Bruce Rubenstein, on Flickr

Wow, what a cool place. Looks pretty good replica, if it is a replica. I like al those adverts - Castrol Oil - Champion Spark Plugs - Dunlop Tyres - proper adverts !

They close the public roads at a certain time before the racing starts, so you have to get to where you want to go before they close the roads. Also, mostly, it is first there gets the best viewing spots - so a bit of forward planning required the day before the racing starts.

Travel and accommodation also sells out real quick - you have to plan a year ahead to be sure of a hotel room. Recommended !

Wow those are some great photos from the TT races. You did a fine job of it & your XPro-2 delivered the goods for you. Well done!

Thank you Chuck, that is very kind of you.

I tried to get the racer and location, because it means more to me to have the location as well - so the short lenses on the X-pro2 were fine for those kinds of shots.

Just ordered mine with the 35/1.4 from B&H. Not leaving my Nikon DSLRs. Replacing my Canon G10 as my pocket shooter, where the noise issues have made the G10 unacceptable in anything other than bright sunlight.

I am so far disappointed with the kit. Images seem soft when I process them, and I am reminded why menus annoy me.

Edit: Have fiddled with it a bit and tweaked the menus. I suspect the softness issue is related to parallax as the focus point seems to shift in the viewfinder when the shutter release is pressed.

So as a replacement to my Canon G10 it's better, but no way will this replace my DSLRs.

Last edited:

View attachment 1580208 EM520782 by Bruce Rubenstein, on Flickr

View attachment 1580210 EM520793 by Bruce Rubenstein, on Flickr
If it was at Barber, it was almost certainly NOT a replica.

The Barber Vintage Motorsport Museum is considered to be one of the largest motorcycle museums in the world, also contains one of the largest collection of Lotus race cars. Definitely not replicas. Besides the museum the Barber Race track is also very nice.

The Barber Vintage Motorsport Museum is considered to be one of the largest motorcycle museums in the world, also contains one of the largest collection of Lotus race cars. Definitely not replicas. Besides the museum the Barber Race track is also very nice.
I've ridden on that track. Much fun. And been in that museum a few times too.

IMG_2272.JPG

1NBR3774.JPG

Last edited:
Getting the hang of it. If I use the LCD screen it takes better pictures. :ROFLMAO: Stopped by Historic Ellicott City MD, which has twice been devastated by fatal flash flooding.

DSCF0038-L.jpg

DSCF0039-L.jpg

DSCF0040-L.jpg

DSCF0044-L.jpg

DSCF0042-L.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom