X-Wing, B-Wing and other "Movie-Insects"

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by misupix, May 25, 2007.

1. Don't know why but lately I encounter a lot of "Cinema-Fans" among the local critters? :confused:

First there was this X-Wing bug. I suppose he was on a secret mission (II or III) and took off immediately....
    original.

Then I encountered this B-Wing (bee-wing :Crunk:). performing a very difficult landing on a "Imperial plant"
    original.

Next was this pregnant Wolfspider (kids still in the eggpack on her back), she wants to sue Spiderman for child support.....
    original.

A few days before, a Crab spider was ringing at our door and wanted to audition too. :rolleyes: We tried a few scenes from a classic movie: "Casablanca"

"Here's looking at you, kid." [we skipped the kiss]
    original.

"We'll always have Paris." [Turns and goes away]
    original.

This beauty plausibly explained how she could be the Stunt Double for "Airwolf"
    original.

original.

I wonder how these got the idea of approaching me! :confused: I just watch movies, haven't produced one........................................................YET! :Crunk:

Thanks for looking. C&C appreciated!​

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Michael,
    You are a riot! As though these shots weren't awesome enough on their own, you added humor to the mix! Well done!

I love the "x-wing" bug! That's an amazing shot! Care to share what gear you used to shoot these?

ps---if you haven't produced a movie yet, I'd say maybe you need to!!!

3. Wow! Really beautiful!

4. Not only was this very humorous but the photography was outstanding. Michael, you have outdone yourself. Take a bow.

5. Wonderful series. Excellent shots.

6. Wonderful shots and very funny captions. Thanks for the smiles, Michael. :smile:

7. Great shots, Michael!

And thanks for the :biggrin:

8. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Imaginative and nicely done.

9. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    These are excelent photos.

10. I'm very impressed with the sharpness and clarity. Very tough to do in macro work, and with bugs no less!!! :smile:

11. Great series. Bravo !!

12. LOL... bee-wing. (arghh)
    That X-Wing and the dragon flies look really cool. Looks as if the 70-200 + 500D are a great combo. Wish I would knew a place in Berlin where I can shoot dragon flies other than by mere accident.

Oh well. At least I have my sparrows and hooded crows..

13. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

14. Great shots Michael, and very inventive nomenclature :smile:

Cheers

15. nycxaro

nycxaro

Apr 26, 2006
    New York City
    All very nice. The shallow dof in #1 is really cool.

16. Outstanding images Michael - WOW!

17. Lol, funny, and beautiful photography, too!

18. Stunning Michael. I've gone through them several times now. Hard to pick out may favorite they're all so good.

Rich

19. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Fantastic all the way around:>))))

20. Super, super, super !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.