'X100 Hands-On Review'

Mikey, I think he likes it :smile:

I'm still waiting for an interchangeable lens version, or better still, Kyocera producing a digital Contax G2 --->G3

Peter

Mikey, I think he likes it :smile:

I'm still waiting for an interchangeable lens version, or better still, Kyocera producing a digital Contax G2 --->G3

Peter

A lotta folks seem to be "waiting" on that Contax redux, but I think the lack of any tangible rumors at least imply there's not one coming any time soon! I'd stand in that line, too. I think the Fuji will be a remarkable camera for those who don't see the 20mm lens as a limiting factor. My "want list" is already longer than my budget by several miles, but the Fuji's on it. Right after I get my next computer built, we get the next version of the D700, I get my 85/1.4, 135DC, 24/1.4, our new car, and my wife gets her replacement point n shoot (probably that cool fast Oly). Maybe by then that Contax will show up!

Yes, I don't really expect Kyocera to re-enter the camera market, but it's a real shame those excellent Zeiss lenses for the G series did not get a longer life. Now I hear that parts for the G cameras (and 35mm SLR Contax) may not be available after about 2015 (they were last made in 2003 I think).

Sony should have based their mirrorless camera around redesigned Zeiss G lenses IMO (i.e. same optical formula as the G series, maybe newer AF and mount system) and made it full frame. But I suppose that market is too limited for a mass market seller like Sony.

Well, maybe Nikon will surprise us all soon; the word at NR is that the Nikon mirrorless system will be for "professionals"

Peter

I agree Peter. I shot with all the Zeiss lenses on the G2 except the zoom and they were brilliant. Small, sharp, splendidly crafted. I went to buy a Leica and came out of the camera store with the G2, more modern, at a fraction of the cost.

Recently sold the chrome set, have the black set on sale now.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom