XBox 360 Kinect or PS3 Move ?

Does anyone have any experience with either of these gaming stations ? I would like to get my kids one or the other for Xmas. The Kinect looks great in the vidoes but I wonder how well it tracks in the real world.

Thanks in advance

I watched my kids play it the other day at a Bestbuy and I was pretty amazed at its accuracy. My kids are teenagers and had a blast with it. I was impressed enough that I bought them one for Christmas.

We also have a PS3 and a Wii and to me the PS3 Move is to much like the Wii. Plus the controllers are pretty expensive and I would need multiple ones.

Im an avvid gamer. I dont have the move or Kinect, but the only thing I read was that the Kinect needs room. So if you have a small living room...it probable wont work well. I havent read any bad reviews on The Move....

I will have it set up in our finished basement, there is probably a 10 by 10 area in front of the flatscreen. I will have to see if that's enough room. Good advice though I didn't realize that.
BB has a decent deal on them. We have the Wii also so I was leaning more towards the Kinect

We have the 360 Kinect. I love not having a controller. It's also very accurate in tracking movement. Not to mention it takes photos while you're playing.

My grandchildren had originally wanted a PS3 for Christmas. After a little reading they found out that the PS4 is due out sometime after the first of the year. Doesn't seem like they are discounting the 3's yet either. They decided to switch their request to some more 360 games and a Kinect. They decided it was best to wait for the PS4.

The Ps4 is expected to be released in early 2013 or late 2012.

I would also get the kinect, the move, is just like the wii.

I own a Ps3, 360 and Wii.

The one I play the most is the 360

It appears many of you prefer the 360 Kinect. Not to hyjack the thread or anything but I'd like to jump in witha few questions, mostly comparing the Kinect to the Wii:

• Are there games for small children - educational and cartoon type?
  • How about active sports and exercise type games?
  • Is the "room" requred a certain distance form the screen or just that the activity takes up a lot of sopace?
EDIT: As reference for my questions; I am a 60 yr old kid with preschool grandchildren.

We have all the game systems, Wii, XBox 360 w/kinect, and PS3 (no kids either :) My wife plays with the XBox kinect all the time. Some dance game, she loves it for the exercise. I'm not really into video games so I haven't even opened the Wii or PS3.

Do you not have either gaming system yet? If you are just buying a complete system I would say go with the PS3. I have a PS3 and it's a blast, and it doubles as a blu-ray player. Playing online is free and fairly flawless, games come in blu-ray some 3D compatible, I just felt at the time the blu-ray player was a deal maker. Making that decision came a few years ago when blu-ray players were more expensive.

We have the kinect and my 4 year old thinks it's the best thing ever. Great for a snow day when he can't get outside and burn off energy for long periods of time. He sorta gets it for some of the games. It doesn't matter as he still has fun

It will mainly be for my 7 1/2 year old but I'm sure my 'almost' 3 year old will be playing with it too eventually. We have the Wii and a PS2. Thanks all !

I have the PS3 Move & the Wii and I can tell you the Move is much more accurate & flexible than the Wii controller.

I haven't tried the Kinect myself, but I do recall reading about a slight lag on some games. Not sure how accurate that report is or not.

Real Name
Ken St John
Xbox/Kinect, no question. My 12 yr old and his buddies giggle like little girls when playing!!

It appears many of you prefer the 360 Kinect. Not to hyjack the thread or anything but I'd like to jump in witha few questions, mostly comparing the Kinect to the Wii:

• Are there games for small children - educational and cartoon type?
  • How about active sports and exercise type games?
  • Is the "room" requred a certain distance form the screen or just that the activity takes up a lot of sopace?
EDIT: As reference for my questions; I am a 60 yr old kid with preschool grandchildren.
* The games are perfect for little kids. They are fun and very interactive. I think there's only one (a stand alone boxing game) that probably would not be appropriate. Wii owns Mario, of course, but other than that ... the games are a gas for the kids.

* The sports games are also very nice. One of them, where you downhill ski, is just plain scary it's so accurate. When my 60-year old body gets to the finish line I almost feel the same as when I finish a real run on the slopes (although I only go on the "bunny" hill in real life!!). My wife is loving the Zhumba disk as an alternative to taking classes.

* There is an active space in front of the screen that's probably around 8' wide and 6' deep (my guess). There's room enough for 2 players side by side and a fair bit of motion.

Enjoy!!

Ken

(PS All of this is from a guy who went through 4 "red rings of death" and swore he'd never have another Xbox in his house!! The Kinect along with the recently revised hardware unit - which seems to have conquered the reliability issues - is a definite winner.)

From what I understand is the Kinect is calibrated for your room size when you do the initial set up. No I don't have one but the kids and Mrs went over to the neighbours to play on their's and loved it so much they wanted to buy one right then.

I think Microsoft hit this nail on the head, no one else has anything like it to offer.

From what I understand is the Kinect is calibrated for your room size when you do the initial set up. No I don't have one but the kids and Mrs went over to the neighbours to play on their's and loved it so much they wanted to buy one right then.

I think Microsoft hit this nail on the head, no one else has anything like it to offer.
That is true. Kinect is revolutionary, as opposed to the evolution that is the PS3 Move.

Xbox/Kinect, no question. My 12 yr old and his buddies giggle like little girls when playing!!

* The games are perfect for little kids. They are fun and very interactive. I think there's only one (a stand alone boxing game) that probably would not be appropriate. Wii owns Mario, of course, but other than that ... the games are a gas for the kids.

* The sports games are also very nice. One of them, where you downhill ski, is just plain scary it's so accurate. When my 60-year old body gets to the finish line I almost feel the same as when I finish a real run on the slopes (although I only go on the "bunny" hill in real life!!). My wife is loving the Zhumba disk as an alternative to taking classes.

* There is an active space in front of the screen that's probably around 8' wide and 6' deep (my guess). There's room enough for 2 players side by side and a fair bit of motion.

Enjoy!!

Ken

(PS All of this is from a guy who went through 4 "red rings of death" and swore he'd never have another Xbox in his house!! The Kinect along with the recently revised hardware unit - which seems to have conquered the reliability issues - is a definite winner.)
You're a better man than I. I woulda quit after 2, lol.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom