Xlighting with the evening sun and water.

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by MIG_at_Mid-Illini, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Granddaughter visiting for several days so we went down to the water fun and instead of setting with our backs to the sun and taking the customary pictures we went to the opposite side with the sun directly in our face and the camera. Time was in the magic golden hour of 7. I used Nanny's camera (CoolPix8800) in the manual mode AND one sb80DX (held and pointed by nanny) off camera fired with the ebay wireless triggers I use for my basketball Xlighting. Wanted mainly to verify the workings of the used strobe I bought last week AND get some priceless pictures of our visitor. :)

All manual except focus. No CLS or iTTL.

You can see the strobe reflection on the right edge about 3/4 down. Nanny stayed in this location for all of the images.
    DSCN3346.
    DSCN3353.
    DSCN3364.
    DSCN3370.
    DSCN3344.
    DSCN3361.
    Comments wlecomed. -- these were fun picture -- like all I take.