Yankee Ridge falls

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by dmwphoto, Apr 23, 2007.

1. One view from Saturday

[​IMG]

2. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    A very cool composition. Definitely a wall hanger !

Regards

RFC

3. Thanks Robert!

4. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I like it, it's a different view from what you usually see of waterfalls, makes you want to stop and look a bit longer.

5. Thanks Jeff! Appreciate you stopping by for a look.

6. krispee

krispee

Apr 10, 2007
    UK
    very nice, and lovely colours....
    kris

7. Dave,
    Very nice image. Can you please provide a bit details of this shot for me?

Mode (M or A), WB, ISO, F-stop, which part of the image you focussed on (or recomposed..).

iExif do not show any exif info on this image for me.

Thanks for posting.

8. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    That is cool. I really like the bright green of the moss against the white of the water. I agree with Jeff, the composition makes you stop and look a little longer. Nicely done.

9. Dave, a very interesting angle, I love the green moss on one side against the trees on the other side.
    Now about that Lexus, please, please :biggrin: :biggrin: let me down gently if I have to wait for the right colour ?:cool: :cool:

Ps. I am enjoying having my own name on NC. :smile: :smile:

10. Pretty cool. If you were standing where I think you were when you shot this, it must have been slick! Those falls are a playground for grownups photographers.:biggrin:

11. Great job Dave on the falls.

12. Thanks Kris, I appreciate you taking the time to look and comment.
    Sam
    Thanks for the comments. For this image I shot in Manual mode, used spot metering and metered on the moss. It was shot with the 17-35 mm lens and the settings were f/16, 1.6 second, auto WB, ISO 100 and I used a 2 stop ND filter (full ND). I focused just this side of the water.
    Thanks for looking!

13. Thanks Sharon! Very kind of you.

Dave,
    Thanks buddy! I had a pretty good stance whrer I was but it was tough to get to that spot. You are right, this little area is a veritable playground for photographers.

Melissa- I appreciate your comments and good to see you. Have not seen you on here for a while. Hope all is well with you.
    Dave

14. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    That is a different perspective and it works. Nicely done Dave!

15. Try again, definetly NOT pink :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: .

Pam ha ha.

16. A very interesting angle, Dave. The green moss certainly adds to the shot. Very nice.

17. Thanks Andy and Sandi!

18. Dave, from the one i have seen from you of this subject, i think this one has the best tones.

19. Thanks Gilles. That is interesting. I did the entire editing of this one in Bridge/CS3 rather than through Aperture as is my usual way.
    Thanks for looking and for your feedback.