Yankees Spring Training

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Jeff Fillmore, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Here are a few shots from the game Saturday afternoon. Forgive me I don't really have the glass to do sports right but here's my take on the game anyway. Yankees 3 - Tigers 3. A fun afternoon- I hope you like them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I really like the stadium shots. Kind of an old school feeling.

3. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I really liked the stadium shots in BW...really great photos. As it's been said, sort of an old school, nostalgic look to them.

4. Hamel

Hamel

Jan 16, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Go Red Sox!
    That being said... I absolutely love the first shot.

5. Focus Pocus

Focus Pocus

Oct 19, 2006
    Boise, Idaho
    I love this series! Nice work! As the others said - the B&W really works.

6. Jeff,
    This is a really nice series. Your PP really lends a nostalgic look to your photos. I think you used the glass you had that day to it's fullest.

Sadly, I didn't attend a single spring training game this year. I can usually sneak away for a few. I just love legends field and play tennis behind the stadium regularly.

I did get to see a fair number of players here in my office. Tonsillitis ran rampant through the Phillies roster this spring! Nice to meet these athletes up close and personal.

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    While I am not a huge fan of B/W photography, your stadium shots are extremely well done. As mentioned, they leave a true sense of nostalgia.

8. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Although I'm a Mets fan at heart, I do love baseball. The first shot is great! Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to a Subway Series!

9. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Nice conversions...great shots.

10. Ditto on the b/w remarks! I like retro images and retro ballparks. #5 is outstanding with the old football stadium in the background w/o a dome! What day was this in Tampa? I was going to make the game last Thursday as I was in the area. My schedule indicated a day game like you captured, but the real game was a 7:05 start instead of the 1:05 I had thought it was. I just took the d50 with me and bought and had the sigma 50-500 shipped to my son's workplace on our arrivial day. So, I saved my money on the night attempt and went back to the beach in Jupiter. A lemon in to lemonaide. THE PSA wanted to know how big the cannon was when he x-rayed it on our return trip as we were checking in at PBI. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2007