Yard Sale Find

I'm cruising my local Craigslist yesterday. Nothing much of interest. Deciding to do a search for Nikon, I find a listing for a yard sale with cameras offered. Hey, it's only up the hill from my place. Away I go. Bingo! The guy has this rig for sale - $50 and it's mine - Fm2n, winder and 180 AF lens with a supposed non functioning af. Get everything home, pop the lens in my D7000 and, guess what, the af works. Pop two silver oxides in the camera and it works. Tonight is the time for some light seal replacement and it's good to go!:biggrin:

5503063501_c0e5a0e465_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Fredrik, I've been without a manual focus 35mm slr since selling my OM-2's to a fellow Café member last year. So, this was a nice acquisition although I don't shoot a lot of 35mm these days.

Nice! I have an 180 AF-D, I believe it is the same optically as your AF and I love it.

Yeah, so far from the images I've taken on my Digi it appears to be a sharp lens, just have to remember to keep the rear cap on it. Those exposed shutter blades look real vulnerable to dust, etc.!

I'm cruising my local Craigslist yesterday. Nothing much of interest. Deciding to do a search for Nikon, I find a listing for a yard sale with cameras offered. Hey, it's only up the hill from my place. Away I go. Bingo! The guy has this rig for sale - $50 and it's mine - Fm2n, winder and 180 AF lens with a supposed non functioning af. Get everything home, pop the lens in my D7000 and, guess what, the af works. Pop two silver oxides in the camera and it works. Tonight is the time for some light seal replacement and it's good to go!:biggrin:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5058/5503063501_c0e5a0e465_o.jpg

I've been looking for one of those.
Wanna sell? :)

You got a very good deal, on some excellent equipment.
Even if you never use the camera and drive, for $50.00, the 180 was a steal.
And if you sell the body and drive, you'll get at least what you paid for the whole rig back.
Very well done! and enjoy the lens.

What a great deal. I like to hunt around for "non functional" bargains too, but in my case it usually ends up being AS ADVERTISED and I'm stuck with a broken camera ;)

You got a very good deal, on some excellent equipment.
Even if you never use the camera and drive, for $50.00, the 180 was a steal.
And if you sell the body and drive, you'll get at least what you paid for the whole rig back.
Very well done! and enjoy the lens.
Actually, I was more interested in the camera - don't do much tele work!
Gawd, what a haul, congrats, Ray!
Not too bad, huh? I do like that Kodak you just bought. Somewhat more interesting than the FM2N -and cuter!:biggrin:
I've been looking for one of those.
Wanna sell? :)
Nah, I've been looking for a manual focus Nikon for a while. If you find one I'll let the winder go, though.

QUOTE=Robert S;3478727]That's an unbelievable find Ray. Any guilt associated with this purchase? Ha.[/QUOTE]

Not a bit!:biggrin:
Great find! Congrats!
Thanks!
Heh. The 180's AF was not working maybe because the camera wasn't an AF camera? :Wink: Great find Ray!
Could be. Ya' just never know, though!:wink:
That is exactly what I was thinking!

Congrats on the excellent find!
Thanks!

Wow, that's gotta be bargain of the month. Well spotted Ray.

Show us some shots when you're ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great find!
Thanks.
I'll give a $100 for the lens. :biggrin:
The lens is a beater with a quarter inch scratch on the front element which doesn't appear to affect images at all!
I was feeling really good about finding an EX condition FE-2 for $65 - until I read this thread. What a score! Nice scrounging, Ray.
To be honest with you, I would prefer the camera you found. It has a better meter display.
Wow, that's gotta be bargain of the month. Well spotted Ray.

Show us some shots when you're ready.
Well, if I do post some shots they'll have to be color as I'm currently out of fixer!:smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom