Yard work....

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by kramp, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Is what I was supposed to be doing...

But I found some interesting small creatures.

Assassin Bug.
    [​IMG]

Fly.
    [​IMG]

Sweat Bee.
    [​IMG]

Male Spider.
    [​IMG]

Martin

2. Martin,

These are awesome shots. Which lens did you use?

3. Hi Crystall, thanks for the comment, I used the 200 f4 micro and for the Sweat Bee I added the Nikon 6T for 2:1 since it was so small.

Martin

4. super shots Martin....much more fun than "yard work" .. :wink: M

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Martin, these are great....Definitely more fun than the yard work I did yesterday...I pulled weeds in my vegetable garden...I saw lots of little critters you'd love to photograph as well! Your shots are well done as usual. I just love the sweat bee.

6. Thanks Mike, I eventually got around to running the weedeater.

I made my self a new flash bracket that works with my dovetail plates since they have mounting holes for flash brackets, works good, a bit on the heavy side with the 200 micro and a couple of flashes though.

Martin

7. Thanks Leigh, the critters can be distracting when your trying to get something done. :)

Martin

8. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    VERY nice, Martin. You do the 200 macro proud!
    Jerry Snider

9. Martin, I like your idea of "yard work" much better than the usual lawnmowing and weeding! :) :)

Great macro shots! Thanks for sharing. :)

10. Thanks Jerry, the 200 micro is a lot of lens, I hope I can keep up to its reputation..

Martin

11. Hey Martin. Great shots as usual. I've been motorhoming for a week and just got back. I'm trying to catch up on the great pics. that everyone has posted. Good going.
    Pete

12. Thanks Dennis, its the type of yard work I like best. :)

Martin

13. Hi Pete, thanks for the comment, hope you had a good trip.

Martin

14. I had a great time. Thought you might get a kick out of this pic. Yes it is a pic. of me after playing around with Photo shop. You being from Mounty country I thought I'd send it to you.
    Pete
    [​IMG]

15. Lol, good photoshop job Pete, kinda happy looking for a mount though....:)

Martin