Yay! Traded a 77 polarizer for this.

A shiney new/old Canon Dial 35 half frame camera!
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Absolutely stoked to shoot with this. It's pretty much mint, and the seals are immaculate. Just have to order a battery and pick up some film.

Anyone have any experience with this, or any other half frame?

Looks like something an alien might use to probe us with.

What is the protrusion on the bottom? A handle?

Never new Bell and Howell and Canon had a relationship.

The knob on the bottom is to wind the film once you've shot your roll.
Automatic advance, Manual roll back.

You hold the camera in a "portrait" orientation. The shutter button is on the front, and the flash mount is on the left side (when you're holding it)

Shutter speed is done by turning the lens, Focusing is on a little lever, and selecting film speed is done by rotating the multiple domes around the lens.

Looks like it'll be a bit longer yet for images.
Canada post went on strike soooo my batteries are stuck wherever they may be :(

Oh yes, the Canon Dial 35. I was a camera dealer years ago -- bought and sold used photo gear -- and I used to see those Dial 35s all over the place. They were moderately popular on the used market. I've never owned one, but of all the people I've talked to about them, I've never heard a single negative comment. They were, and most likely still are, very well-liked cameras.

That's how you set film speed. You just rotate it like one of those old rotating number phones. To set aperture I just have to pull out that black knob and turn it, there is a little needle inside of the viewfinder that swings back and forth on the F-stop numbers.

Kind of complicated to completely manually use when you're out and about. Defs want my batteries so I can use it more in its shutter priority mode.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom