Yeah, baby!!!

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by petert053, Dec 13, 2005.

1. petert053

petert053

Nov 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I got this message email from Berger Bros. this evening...

...and what do you think I replied? :biggrin: :Happy: :Shocked: ...Hell, yes!!

...and I've been smiling ear-to-ear and doing the Snoopy dance since reading it!!

Boy this made my day! I thought I was #80 or something like that and wouldn't see the camera until close to St. Patrick's Day. I guess Nikon's shipping in a big way!!

2. petert053

petert053

Nov 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    ...we now return you to your regularly scheduled program...

[Humble mode ON]
    ...sorry gang... I'm just really happy... didn't mean to gloat :redface:

3. papa85

papa85 Guest

Ditto

4. Lucky guys...I'm told on one hand that I'll have to wait until jan, and on the other hand I might have both of mine (and my repaired D2H) on friday!

Ming

5. Awesome news! And you are just in Austin - not too far from me.

Maybe we can meet up someday and I can touch it (ummm-the camera that is)? LOL

6. petert053

petert053

Nov 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    :Shocked:

7. ero2

ero2 Guest

I know this is gonna sound like a DUMB question, but does anyone know if they will have any left? How big their order is? I am debating calling to see if I can still get one, but don't want to be laughed at, would rather get laughed at here :biggrin: does anyone know of anywhere I would be able to get one, LOL. I want it before Christmas :)

8. I say - just call them. Good luck on that.

Dang, I am gonna be jealous of these D200 shooters. :smile:

9. Congratulations Peter on your new D200. I can't wait to see what pictures come from your new camera. I can tell how excited you are already:smile:

10. Congrats!!! What number were you?

I'm #13 on the list at the local shop here, hope the shipment comes through *crosses fingers and does lucky dance*

11. petert053

petert053

Nov 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I thought I was at the tail end... like 80+ or more (he didn't have an exact count when I placed the pre-order). Honestly, I was expecting that I really wouldn't be seeing a new camera in time for Christmas. I got all caught up in the excitement here, until Sunday night when I was thinking "Who are you kidding? Who cares if Nikon releases on Thursday as scheduled? You're so far behind everyone else that they'd have deliver 100's to the shop before you got a call on yours!" I'm really glad that I was off the mark here... or better said, that Nikon was seriously on the ball for this one!

12. petert053

petert053

Nov 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Excited in a big, BIG way!!

...downside, now I'm out nearly $2k before the first Christmas ...I'm not looking forward to the credit card bill in January :eek:

13. ero2

ero2 Guest

just talked to Berger Bros, man you must have been lucky! They only got in 6 and that is all that they expect before the 31st :Shocked: But real nice people over there for sure, even though I won't be getting a D200 for Christmas :Curved:

14. What kinda goons would we be if we were jealous of your new camera??

Congrats man, you have every reason to gloat, I'm stoked for you and hope to see some of your photos soon...

-Brett

15. petert053

petert053

Nov 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    6??!! Really?? Hmmm...

Well, the only thing I can say is that I was willing to put the whole payment down to reserve my spot in line. Maybe that made a difference. Maybe that put me over folks that said "call me you get the shipment from Nikon", or something close to that. Also, with the holidays - gift buying, travel, etc. - there were folks ahead of me that, in the end, couldn't fork over the $1.7k price-tag.

...wow... 6 D200's... that's surprising... OK, maybe Nikon isn't quite on the ball as I thought. Of course, there's still a possibility that they could not follow through with the delivery (no fault of Berger's) if Nikon doesn't get them their order, as promised, tomorrow (Thursday).

...wow... 6... that's really hard to believe!

16. petert053

petert053

Nov 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    ...I wouldn't say "goons"... but I don't want to be seen as the guy that was dancing around the Cafe singing and pointing fickle-fingers...

As soon as I have the camera in hand, I'll see if I can find something worthy to post!

17. I sure remember how I felt when I ordered my D2X on Jan 4th with a release date of Feb 11. Finally got it on Mar 4th. I was so impatient I bought the reduced price D2H to hold me till it arrived. It is an exciting time for you and many others. Gloat and carry on all you can and enjoy the new camera and post often with it.
    Dave