1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Years gone by

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by JohnSR, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Sixty years ago when I was 10, would go visit a couple old hunters who built these cabins. They would stay there for a couple weeks during deer season. In the evening they invited me to sit with them around the campfire as they told stories of when they were young. I loved those stories and would go home and lay in bed thinking how it must have been in the “old days”.
    About 35 years ago, they quit coming up to the wilds of Northern California. Guess, like me, the years finally caught up with them. Now all that lives in the cabins are wood (pack) rats. Don't think the cabins will last much longer.
    Once a year I make a trip from McKenna WA down to Bray CA where I was raised and camp out near these old cabins. At night if I dig deep enough into my memory can see two old men and a young boy sitting around a campfire. Believe one of these trips, they will notice me and motion for me to join them.
    I love this area maybe because of all the fond memories I have of the place. No one lives within 100 miles so when I return each year the ghosts of my past are always waiting and I feel like a kid again.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. those are awesome pictures and a great story! i love memories like that. thanks so much for sharing :smile:

3. Thank you Scott. Glad you enjoyed them.

4. Hi Scott,

Nice storie,please tell us more.

5. Great story, nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

6. Nice pictures. I know exactly how you feel. I now live within 5-10 miles of where I grew up and went to school. I often go to the woods where I spent many happy hours as a kid, and remember the good times with friends. Thanks for sharing your memories.

7. great thread
    the old adage "a picture is worth a thousands words" surely rings true here

great shots
    thanks for the story behind them

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.