1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Yellow Dragon

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Crave, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Crave

Crave Guest

After i saw Jukka thread, i thougth some of you would like these Portuguese Dragon!

DSC_0005-9.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_0111-3.jpg

DSC_0117-5.jpg

DSC_0006-14.jpg

DSC_0120-6.jpg

DSC_0121-6.jpg

DSC_0124-4.jpg

Hope you like them!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2008
  2. great shots! really well lit. very pretty dragon, I wonder what type it is.

3. I'm not seeing images either.

Cheers,

Larry

4. none for me, either
    would love to see them

5. guys, right click on the little vertical line and click view, thats how I saw them.

6. can anyone translate right click into Mac speak?

7. Crave

Crave Guest

Hum, sometimes the links from my Pbase account dont work well, sorry for that, i´ve changed the links for my Photobucket account!
    Hope you can see them now!

8. That's better. Very nice shots. Is it a Pantala flavescens?

Thx.

Larry

9. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    great stuff Crave

very sharp

10. Cool eyes. wonder if there is one like that in North America

11. Crave

Crave Guest

Thanks to all your comments!
    Unfortunatly, i prefer to photograph bugs, i should start to research more their species and habits, but when i start i dont have the patience!..:eek: 

In my hometown we have this specie in three colours, red, green, and yellow, we also have a bigger specie, but he never lands, at least when im there!

12. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

13. Your pics are awesome. Please help me out with a couple tips, what lense are you using? I can't seem to get any crisp pics.

14. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Nice camera work, really very pretty.

15. say Crave, I noticed you are using flash. Do you feel that helps with the eyes? I have had many crisp shots but seldom that hex detail in the eyes. A few times but I think the light may have been hitting on them just right

16. Crave

Crave Guest

Thanks for all your comments!
    I used a Tamron 90mm, if im not wrong i had a kenko 1.4 Tc in the last four pictures!

I use flash because of the low apertures, i also use a Demb difuser on the Sb-800.
    When its possible i shoot them in backligth to get the background well exposed, normaly i go to f22 without the Tc, if necessary i bump the iso up sometimes.
    I use low shutter speeds, normaly i never go less than 1/160, 1/200 with the Tc, but off course it depends in how i want to to get the background.
    Hopes this helps!

17. Thanks. I may have to try my tubes one day. I have the same macro and tubes and I know on some of these damsels in particular you could get right up their mouth without them flying. Would certainly end any handhelds for sure.
    glenn

18. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Great shots. Excellent colors, sharpness and detail. It could be a female Sympetrum fonscolombii.

19. Those are excellent shots, Crave! Love the light, love the details...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.