Yellow Flowering Maple

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by CrystallP, May 15, 2007.

1. Hi All Again!!

I planted two flowering maples this year. Red and yellow. Yellow bloomed first. This plant is loaded with buds and should really explode with color over the next few months. It's currently in a medium container with good drainage. The shadows are strong in this image (intentional) because I wanted to focus on the yellow bloom. They only last two days or so. I plan to follow the development of the next bloom. Image captured with the 70-180 micro and processed with Lightroom.

large.

2. that is a good looking bloom, i'm jealous ;)

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very pretty
    Never heard of them

4. Thank you Kevin. Actually, 80% of my garden is growing in containers on my deck and front porch. That way I can create or recreate my butterfly garden as needed. The butterfly bushes and coreopsis should have been planted by now. My hydrangea are already developing flower heads and the stone crop is looking pretty good. Come on butterflies!! :biggrin:

Thank you Gale. It's really a neat plant, maple leaves with beautiful cup like blooms. The red flowering maple blossoms have a waxy sheen. I am really looking forward to them!! :biggrin:

5. VERY pretty! Like Gale, I'd never heard of a flowering maple before. Really neat plant!

6. Hi Connie,

I never heard of flowering maples either. I spent a few days at Simond's nursery and fell in love with the blooms. I think the red flowering maple bloom has a wax appearance. It should bloom this weekend. My plants won't achieve their full height because I keep them in containers. The do multiply!! I have 14 lilies this year!! Can't wait for them to bloom! :biggrin: